Brakes: Avid Elixir 5.
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11-21t.
Chain: Shimano XT.
Crankset: Truvativ Hussefelt.
Hubs: (F) ScottPro, (R) Formula.
Rims: Alex Fr32.
Tires: Schwable Big Betty.
Weight: 17.2

First big bike, and im loving it. Getting out every chance i can to ride it.
Still getting used to the extra weight and throwing it around, but all part of the fun.

Drivetrain was one of the first things changed, still dont know why they put a 11-32 originally on this bike :/
Small range cass and X0 shifter/rear mech, makes the gears so snappy. Love it.

Brakes dont have enough bite for my liking so they may be moved to the top of the ditch list.
Thinking about Formula The Ones. Look amazing, also from what i have read, they have good power aswell.

reevesy4

Likes Bikes
That is sick mate. Rode one at my lbs and loved it. But I wouldn't change the brakes just yet, I have Elixir 5's as well, and also found that they take a little to bed in. But after that period they are just power.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
The reason the 11-32 cassettes are on these bikes, is because they are freeride bikes, that can be used for all mountain.
If you were to get onto a full blown downhill bike, you would see a smaller range cassette, meaning smoother shifting during race runs for example.

CEZZA

Likes Dirt
The reason the 11-32 cassettes are on these bikes, is because they are freeride bikes, that can be used for all mountain.
If you were to get onto a full blown downhill bike, you would see a smaller range cassette, meaning smoother shifting during race runs for example.
But Jayden my fr 10 has a smaller cassette of 11-26 stock on it? Care to explain that aswell :p

Any way how good are these bikes to ride! so versitile and light, I love mine.

sketchyC

Likes Dirt
Yeah there must have been a reason to it, possibly at the time of production these were available and cheap enough. I have a 11-28 on my all mountain and i still barely use granny. To each his own.

I think ill give the brakes a little while longer, just a little sketchy some times thats all, but all holding up well.
Been giving manuals a fair go in the street, trying to get the sweet spot. Tough jump from Bmx

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
But Jayden my fr 10 has a smaller cassette of 11-26 stock on it? Care to explain that aswell :p

Any way how good are these bikes to ride! so versitile and light, I love mine.
You have the sram red cassette on yours, so I'm guessing that it was lighter?
:p

sketchyC

Likes Dirt
Bike looks awesome, love the geometry design for these. just a quick question. How tall are you and how does that compare to the length of the short? cheers.
I am 175cm tall, which in the scott sizing chart (Uses same as Gambler) I am in the middle of the Short Sizing.
Sizing Chart here: http://www.abcbikes.com.au/images/scott_sizing.jpg

I have ridden a mates MD Glory and the room between saddle to handlebars, also when standing a pedaling knees were about the same distance away from the bars. (Probably heading in the wrong direction with my answer, but hopefully I helped a little.)

Also I havent sat on a Voltage in long frame so I couldnt give the comparison there.

sketchyC

Likes Dirt
Handles and pedals well. I think the rear is a little too soft though. So I think a 350lb will help.
First big bike so the only bike I can compare to is a 6 inch am bike.

So far loving it. No real negatives at the moment