Scrutiny or not.. Wed night ride 21/7/04 (SYD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

naz

Criminally Inane
i meant to say, that farkin is very snobby towards younger people, especially in sydney, i do it and im only 18 bit hypocritical, younger people are the pinacle of future riders.

parallax

Likes Dirt
I've got a novel idea: Don't come on anymore city rides.
Then none of us poseurs or hypocrits or shit riders will make you cry.

Me on the other hand, I will be attending next week. Hopefully I'll learn how to bunnyhop.

timo supremo

Likes Bikes
yeah sounds like a plan,

maybe u can try and learn how to pedal while ur at it,

remember it goes left right left right

but i wasnt referring to u, stooge, more squid and few others come to mind,meh i dont give a shit, its just when i get slammed for getting split up with the main group, i got no worries with the youngens its just the more seasoned farkin riders who dont seem to do much except play with their balls in public,

meh

end of rant

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
timo supremo said:
but i wasnt referring to u, stooge, more squid and few others come to mind,meh i dont give a shit, its just when i get slammed for getting split up with the main group, i got no worries with the youngens its just the more seasoned farkin riders who dont seem to do much except play with their balls in public,

meh

end of rant
Dude dude dude. YOU were the only idiot to stay on the field when the security guard yelled out to us to get off. In fact it took her 3 yells before you got the hint... Despite the fact EVERYONE else was off the field including Sweeny.

You then chose to follow Sweeny through a no passive area that was blocked off. Now instead of going around it like every other sensible Farkiner who came for the ride, you thought it'd be madcore to shove the barrier to the side and go on through. Yeah way to keep our city rides going by pissing off the security guards!

Remember it was YOUR choice to keep riding on the field, it was YOUR choice to leave the group, and it is YOUR choice now to make the right decision and either pull your finger out or feel free to remove yourself from our rides. No-one has forced you to come, and no-one will miss you when you leave...

In fact, it'll be one less 'child' for me to babysit.

naz

Criminally Inane
timo supremo said:
yeah sounds like a plan,

maybe u can try and learn how to pedal while ur at it,

remember it goes left right left right

meh

end of rant
oh thats not nice, how many of these rides have you been on, how can you judge us riders(despite the fact i wasnt there), and how we play with our balls, fondle would have been a better word in the context, and if you think its babysitting dont come :) oh and sorry if the rides arent up to your standards how bout a elite group just for you, make your own ride, own night, and go by yourself

[end of the world]

ruthlessgirl

token forum girl
seems to me that if you're riding on someone else's property (aka in the city) that you gotta follow the rules of it otherwise - no more riding! If you don't liek the rules, you don't ride there...

It's not hard guys, if someone tells you to leave, just leave, it's easier & you don't end up giving everyone on a bike a bad name! If ya hit a red light, stop, take your lane on the road...etc.

I really don't care how old anyone is... but just be MATURE! You can be 17 & follow the rules, you can be 30 & not, guess who'd I'd go ride with?

naz

Criminally Inane
ruthlessgirl said:
seems to me that if you're riding on someone else's property (aka in the city) that you gotta follow the rules of it otherwise - no more riding! If you don't liek the rules, you don't ride there...

It's not hard guys, if someone tells you to leave, just leave, it's easier & you don't end up giving everyone on a bike a bad name! If ya hit a red light, stop, take your lane on the road...etc.

I really don't care how old anyone is... but just be MATURE! You can be 17 & follow the rules, you can be 30 & not, guess who'd I'd go ride with?
oh that really helps being from canada and all
:p

(jks)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
timo supremo said:
seriously squid i have met noone more in need of a blowjob than u...

and thats not an offer
Tim mate, how many city rides have you been to with us huh? We've had this ride going through Farkin for nearly a year now. The reason this ride's gone for so long, is because we've cleaned up the crap that people like you dribble.

If you wanna attack me about posing, then come join me for a ride on dirt. You remember that stuff don't you? We'll see who's left standing around!

Until then exercise your right to shutup. I don't give a crap how much you hate me, or how much you hated that ride. Just don't go burning bridges for the rest of us that ride.

Rik

logged out
I'll back Squid up here.
We may seem precious about the city rides. But fuckya's, we've been riding Wednesday nights for over a year now. Seen alot of shit happen in the time, IE, security busts, police, people coming and going, etc etc. We do not want the rides to go to hell (even though it seems they probably have), the reluctance of the regulars to "bust it up" is due to the overbearing dickhead attititude of many newcomers, who bring along ego, and spoil the night for everyone involved.
"Big it up" as much as you want, but if you're not a regular, you don't know what it's like to have constant harrassment from authorities, thus, the reluctance of many to misbehave when under the scrutiny of the public eye.
Either behave yourself on the rides, or fuck off. We do not need trouble, regardless of how hardcore people think they are.
That is all.

Rik

logged out
Regarding the above post. Sorry to come accross strongly, but I'll stand by my opinion. We're a friendly and approachable bunch that love the social aspect of the rides as much as anything else, but it's just a shame when people do silly things that ruin it for all. That's when the more senior members have to wear the consequences, hence why we'll be disgruntled at bad behaviour/attitudes. It's understandable to react that way, all I ask is for everyone to behave, enjoy themselves without ruining it for others, and most of all, be friendly amongst each other. No need for warring here.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How long is a peice of string? It varies.

Regarding the controversy, I knew the truth woud come to the surface. This is not about posing at all, this is about riding where you are not supposed to.

I have ridden on the oval at the uni on these rides when we have stayed there for ages, security have even driven past and not worried about us being there. We were not ripping up the grass, not bothering anyone and it was sweet. I have also been there when someone was arredted and charged (although it was dissmissed) for riding on the oval. The reason for this was when we were told to move on some dickhead told people to "fuck off" and stayed on the oval looking for a fight.

So it is not rocket science to figure out that if you just cooperate and leave quietly when asked it is better for everyone. You may even be able to ride there again one day without being moved on.

As someone who: 1. attends the uni and 2. has been going on the city rides regularly for 14 months. I propose we just don't go there any more. I will still ride there with my friends, but I'm fucked if I will take a bunch of idiots there who will ruin it for everyone.

timo supremo

Likes Bikes
Squid im not gonna dicksize with u coz we all have our talents,

i just called u a poser, thats it, so why dont you just take it on the chin and get over it

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I believe that I am largely responsible for this shitfight.

As Carlin has said, we know we are not supposed to be there, as one of us has actually been arested for it. I too am a student at Sydney Uni and cannot afford to attract heat. This is why I said before we were even close to the uni that if we are told to leave, do it quietly blah blah. I also said that I had onced asked this but the same bloke who bigmouthed the first time, did it again despite being asked politely not to. Therefore I would be pissed off if it happened again. The person in question felt threatened and harrased me, was told ot f**k off, and we both carried on like kids for five minutes. I let things cool down for five min, approached him to make the peace, copped a mouthful of childish shit and thought it would be better if I just left, as we were by this time in the uni with some one already yelling at us to leave.

That was the stress. I don't know what happened after I left and Timo S. I don't know who you are, but it sounds like you MAY have misbehaved.

I don't think the issue has ever been age, people like Angoose, his mate (name?) and Naz who are a bit younger fit in and behave with a bit of common sense. It's attitudes that are the problem. I believe the rider I had words with has an attitude problem. I will leave it up to other members to agree or disagree with me.

As for possuers, I believe that this certain rider again, owns that title.

Basically I've only been on these rides for about 5-6 months, so I tell no one what to do. But I believe that most would agree, common sense and decency to other riders and the general public is a pre-requisite (sp?). You ignore these standards and the group will ignore you. I believe that this is what has been happening to a certain rider for a number of weeks now.

Simple stuff really.[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.