SCUM 30/60/90 December 12: Nowra

the rain has stopped here in callala! They say the worst is behind us. (Unfortunatley, (they) is bailey on Ch 10 news). THinking positive, if we have a good couple of days, it'll be a great event. COuldnt be any wetter than the Husky enduro ,.....could it. Fingers crossed for a good couple of days, I know the organisers have put a big effort in.

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
We had always planned to make a call on Friday in the case of wet weather and that is still the case.

Any change to the event plan will be posted on the Forums (Rotorburn and http://scummtb.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=next&action=display&thread=692) and on the event web page (http://www.scum.asn.au/thirtysixty/) as soon as a decision is made to cancel/modify the event plan.

We knew it would rain today, and from experience that was ok. However the amount of rain was a little more than we're used to planning around so assuming tomorrow is a fine day then we'll have to see what impact the volume of water has had on the planned course and a decision will be made.

Thanks for bearing with us...

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just subscribed to this thread with instant email notification - please relay any updates through here too

Cheers,

P.S. Had a shitty day today (drink bottle leaked in bag - bye bye ipod and phone + christmas work party restaurant was nasty), am craving some MTB bliss to make it all better!;););)

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
Event OFF for this weekend

After checking out the area we have decided to call the event off for this weekend.
This is just a quick notice so you can make other plans which at this time of year, you probably aren't short on.

While it is possible that the course will be rideable on Sunday, the aim of the event was to fun and inexpensive and we reckon it would probably fail on one or both of those if we went ahead.

Stay tuned for a possible re-schedule and other details once we have had time to consider all that.

Thanks

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the early advice Duncan - hardly surprising given all the rain about but still disappointing.

If rescheduling goes ahead my vote would be for sometime in January.

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
Re-schedule

Ok an executive decision has been made and we have re-scheduled this event (15/30/60/90km and swap meet etc) to Jan 2nd 2011.

As a friend once told me, "Start the year the way you want to live it" so we figure why not start with a nice relaxed mtb event.

Having checked the rain calendar there seems to be a hole there that has been overlooked for the moment, and we will be happy to take advantage of this.

For those that have entered online you can either stay entered or SCUM is happy to offer a full refund. Please contact the club secretary (sectres@scum.asn.au) to request a refund.

The online entries will be changed shortly to allow further online entries up until midnight the Thursday before which is the 30th of December. If you enter online or remain entered you will be in the draw for the X-Fusion Velvet RL forks.

Entries on the day will definitely be available, but online entries make the clubs work a bit easier on what can be a very busy morning.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Bermshot

Banned
Bumm-err, was looking forward to this one. I planned to do I nice easy thirty, still it now gives me a couple of weeks to get some air back in my lungs after a couple of months off the bike, bring on Jan!!! Now I have moved to Gods Country SCUM will be my new club!:cool:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the quick notice and reschedule. Great work. I might have to train a bit more and do the 60km SS now!

gixer7

Likes Dirt
believe this event has been rescheduled for 2/01/11, however no doubt the organisers will confirm....
see post #28. Looks like confirmation to me for the 2/1/11.

Actually works out pretty good timing for me cause I can combine it with the obligatory xmas/new year holidays parental visit.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bonus time deductions for anybody who turns up still drunk from NYE - for the rest of us, there is racing with a hangover from hell

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

I've left you in peace long enough ...

Just a reminder that the SCUM end of year bash is on the 2nd of Jan. Just enough time to get over New Years and start working on those resolutions.

We have record online entries (to be honest the bar was set pretty low, but entries are really good) with the 60k'ers heading the list very closely followed by the 90k'ers.

The tracks and trails have really come back to life in the last week or two and are getting nice and fast and flowing again. If you get a chance get out and have a ride through the area. The more wheels over the tracks the better for the race and hopefully keep the motos away.

All is still as per previous but any changes we'll let you know asap.

In the meantime have a safe and relaxing Christmas and we'll see you bright and early in 2011.

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
to answer a couple of questions

Entries for the 90km: If you think you might want to do the 90km please make sure you enter online. We don't mind if you change your mind anytime between now and the event, the entry fee is the same and we're okay about changing. We will be starting the 90k'ers on time and to ensure this happens we will be strict about entries on the day.

Entry changes: If you want to change categories before the close of online entries, just email me at trails@scum.asn.au and we'll try to sort that out. Even with the holiday period we should be able to get to it, probably a good idea to make the subject 'Entry Change' of similar so I don't miss it in all the junk mail.

Singlespeed? Hell yes. This is a great course for singlespeed. Others may chime in with other opinions, but having done the whole course on a singlespeed I reckon it's probably a good choice.

Last edited:

seanb888

Likes Bikes
SS Option

Hi Guys
Have already entered the 90k. Just curious, was there a separate category for SS I should have entered that I missed in my haste. Not that it would matter really, with a 7am start I don’t rate my chances of being finished in time for the 12pm presentation:p

Top job by you guys to throw a 90k race for $15 including BBQ, best value for money I will find these holidays. Big thanks to the organisers and club:cool:

Cheers

Sean