Secure side entry Bottle Cage

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can anyone recommend a cage that grips a water bottle like a frightened monkey? No $70 carbon cages please. Are side entry ones more or less secure than the normal ones?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
A friend of mine runs a Lezyne side entry cage. It's alloy so it's got some give in it if you need to pressure it to hold on a little tighter. I know he's never dropped a bottle ou tof it.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers, I had a look on the Lezyne site and they don't have an alloy side entry one (only carbon or plastic) so maybe it's been discontinued. But they look pretty good, I'll see if I can find something similar.

kaji

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't rate the specialized side entry cages. Found it way to easy losing bottles while racing especially on a hard tail. They are great for road however.

If space allows just go for a regular top mounted one like the elite bottle cages. Never lost a bottle with them.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
This also depends a little on the type of bottle you use for side loaders - I use podiums, and after reading everything I could decided on an arundel sideloader - I know breaks the rules of the thread, but still as tight as when I first got it and easy to use on the run