see how this little beauty goes

dilstubs

Likes Dirt

Grammar please, if not for your own sake. And what is this thread about? The description and title say nothing...

Connor3182

Likes Bikes
r u n idiot
Ironic.

But on a more serious note, it would help if you would enlighten us who have a lesser understanding of this 'widget'. It was fairly obvious you were talking about the chainring, but it still doesn't help us if we didn't know what it was.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
They do look good don't they. And close up the finish and quality is just excellent.
Really nicely engineered bit of kit the widget. And Aussie too I think.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Does this "guide really work for you guys?
There's nothing to stop[ the chain jumping over the side plates and staying on if your pedalling or back pedaling.
It's the same as an old MRP guide but without the idlers.
And mounted where the granny goes, so surely it'll foul on a lot of chainstays. and what about chain line in the high gears?
and I'd imagine you can't make a ISCG backing plate to retro fit some top and bottom buides to it.
Good idea for comuters and very tame XC riders bikes.
I can't see it being lighter than a light chain guide though.

Last edited:

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Id have to agree with Rod on this..

I cant see this working well for DH.
If you’ve ever seen how much a chain moves on a decent dh run, it jumps up and down considerably. Hence why e13, mrp etc have fully enclosed guides to stop this, and also why a lot of the time we are running a pretty high chain tension.

Ok for tame xc/am but for dh i cant see any benefit over conventional dh guides. I even use a e13 lg1+ on my 4” because similar setups like this wern’t working for me over rough fast stuff.

ps.. Nice frame/forks and wheels. Good to see something a touch different!

Last edited:

el~rio

Likes Dirt
I looked at them a while ago for a 1X9 setup for my XC bike but they only go up to 32 teeth. Are they trying to limit the use? ie stop people using them for DH, freeride etc?

tricycle

Banned
i did a heap of jumps with the widgit on the mojo never come off! ill try it on this for some thing diff.i wont be downhilling the widgit!!!