.: Self Portrait? :.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It is different but to be honest I don't think they have the MTB appeal. I'm not sure what it is but it just doesn't look suited. They look like they'd match an ad for a BMW or a Peugot bike..........maybe too boutique is the term I'm looking for?

PeterKnevil

Likes Bikes
hey man i like it heasp hey really awesome :D how did you do pic one? its looks real but fake at the same time hahah does that make sence ??nice work bro

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey everyone,

Just a couple of new techniques im trying out.

Chris.
Loving this pic. It is amazing. It looks so professional. What ever you are doing to the photo's to make all of them look this good, keep doing it. Love your work, can't wait to see more. :D

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
what are rig shots?
essentially, the camera is mounted on a rig which is mounted in this case to the headtube/forks of the bike or chris' helmet in the second photo. you use a longer shutter speed (couple of seconds, say) and ride/walk/drive really slowly throughout the exposure. that way you get the one part of the subject (to which the camera is mounted via the rig) nice and sharp and stable, while everything else is blurred.

its more commonly used for photos of cars, but chris has done an amazing job here..

Last edited:

willy_c

Likes Dirt
Not too bad but as has been mentioned they are far too fancy for the sport. They do not express the raw feeling you get when riding a bike. Nice effort photo wise anyways.

willy_c

Likes Dirt
essentially, the camera is mounted on a rig which is mounted in this case to the headtube/forks of the bike or chris' helmet in the second photo. you use a longer shutter speed (couple of seconds, say) and ride/walk/drive really slowly throughout the exposure. that way you get the one part of the subject (to which the camera is mounted via the rig) nice and sharp and stable, while everything else is blurred.

its more commonly used for photos of cars, but chris has done an amazing job here..
Pay this man.He hit the nail on the head.