Selling a bike on rotorburn

Pork Chop

Likes Bikes
Hey,

So finally got trading access!

What's the protocol for selling a bike? Sell to the first person that sends you a pm or sell to the first person that offers you the money you seek?

My preference is to sell to whoever gives me the money. But just feel bad for the others - however, can't please everyone.

Cheers

JP

Likes Dirt
I'd be selling to the person who offers me closest to my asking amount. What if your first PM is a low ball offer?

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You MUST sell to the first PM, what ever they offer:juggle:

Na seriously, sell to the first person that offers you an amount you find acceptable.

0psi

Eats Squid
Sell to the person who offers you the most unless people are happy with the full asking price then just sell to the first PM.

In the case that a bunch of people PM who are happy with the full asking price I'll usually respond to the others saying letting them know where they are in the queue. Something along the lines of, "Hi mate, cheers but there are two guys that got in first so I'll give them first dibs. If it falls through I'll let you know." Only respond to others saying it's sold once you actually have the money in your pocket.

Or you can base your choice on the quality of their beards or in the case of women, the pointyness of their elbows.

0psi

Eats Squid
Sweet deal. If I were in the market for a mid travel dually I'd take it.

And my beard is awesome.

Pork Chop

Likes Bikes
Cheers.

Bike will be sold to either a guy with longest beard and/or pubes, or chick with pointy elbows..... Personally I'd've gone with the big chest...

driftking

Wheel size expert
Once you get what you asked for are a price you are happy with sell it.
if you have two buyers on the same hook, inform the other one it was sold.
If you want you can start the bidding game too, inform them you are going to sell to another member with a offer of $XXXX and see if they want to throw in a bid.

Just like selling anything, its your item and your in control of it, read the stickies and you will be set.

callum1

Likes Dirt
if there are multiple buyers, all happy to pay asking price. a battle royale shall commence. the one rule is, there are no rules. the life of the losers is determined by a simple thumbs up/down gesture by the seller. lions are generally thrown into the fray to add excitement.

moorey

call me Mia
OP, if you get an inquiry by a brand new member named Ben, without a trade history or any previous posts, he's legit and I can vouch for him. He's only just joining the Mtb world, not a troll.

0psi

Eats Squid
I can vouch for him.
That's not an endorsement I'd want! :dance:

Seriously though, I've sold heaps of stuff to people with no posts. Some are newbies, some don't post because their engrish ain't so gud, some are just intelligent and know that they don't have anything to offer so might as well not post. One bloke was a Nigerian prince though, I didn't sell to him as I figured a prince had the money to go the the LBS and pay full retail. . .

moorey

call me Mia
That's not an endorsement I'd want! :dance:

Seriously though, I've sold heaps of stuff to people with no posts. Some are newbies, some don't post because their engrish ain't so gud, some are just intelligent and know that they don't have anything to offer so might as well not post. One bloke was a Nigerian prince though, I didn't sell to him as I figured a prince had the money to go the the LBS and pay full retail. . .
He joined, like, yesterday. Can look seedy when asking about an expensive item.....and no, i'm not really the sort of endorsement most would want:dance: