September 5 - XC build day

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Guess what everyone..... the next build day is coming up fast - September 5.

During the August build day we made some great progress on the trail to the north of little Falcon rd. We aim to continue this section and push through as far as possible. This should see us reach the two new 'bowl' sections which will put grin on your face so large that they will have to chisel it off when you die.

This section of trail is pretty easy building and we will be able to make quick progress with lots of hands.

We are hoping to get this section opened for the Fat Tyre Festival in November so we could use all the help we can get.

The usual start time of 0730 will apply. Meet us at the carpark then, or make your own way out to the build site later.

Bring some tools and some food/water.

Hope to see you there!

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Update: Some of the build crew will be arriving at 0630 in order to get an early finish to get to family commitments for Fathers Day. I'll likely be staying back a little longer so feel free to turn up whenever you can make it.

If you can't build trail on Fathers Day, what is the word coming to?

lordflog

Likes Dirt
My word that is an awesome piece of track.

Kudos to Ross, Dallas & Wayne for their planning. The grins will be there!

Landon

Likes Dirt
New Trail

Yeah this should be a fun bit of track. :) Does anyone know the extra length this will add to the red loop?

And here I was building a berm on that tightish corner only to find out we actually ride up that section of track. Whoops, too late now! You'll just have to rail the corner up the hill. ;)

I'd like to see an underpass for the XC trail at the bottom of the DH track so we can use the front loop of trail on every lap. One of those concrete arch sections as used on the Adelaide Nats XC track would do the trick. Think of the jump we'd be able to make on the DH finish chute.

lordflog

Likes Dirt
There's been a bit of discussion around a track overpass at the DH/XC crossover. Will be interesting to see what innovative outcome we wind up with. :)

ronster44

Likes Dirt
I went out for a spin this avro the new bit is great as for you're up hill berm Landon tops all corners should have a berm as for the distance my gps says 9.8km for one loop but I don`t think thats right.

driftmonkey

Likes Bikes
the new section only adds about 2-300m to the track acording tomy comp.
tok a few guys from syd for a spin/guide of the red look after the build and they recon that it is some of the best track in the park.
that tree still comes up fast. on the third time through i was prepaired for it but your still on it very quick.

Greg882

Likes Bikes
Cant wait to ride it..!!
I still dont know where that bridge went???

That fallen tree that jumps up quick is calling for an awesome A-Line straight over it at speed that would be so GOOD..!!

baron

Likes Bikes
Went out and rode the new section on the weekend and came away impressed. I know there has been discussion over the years about the style of track the club wants for racing versus what social riders want for fun and now there is finally something for everyone.
The use of the natural terrain is great compared to earlier parts of the track and the flow is getting better all the time. Am i mistaken or did i actually see a couple of rocks? I'm also pretty sure i got airborne a couple of times.
Credit to those out there building and keep it coming.

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, ride the track a fair bit and love it, new section is great but is it possible to change or remove the 2 singles as you rejoin the track. I just don't see the point of jumps to flat, at the moment I have to break into as I think they could Almost be doubled (would work sweet as a table top). Just my thoughts, see u at the race

Steven P

Likes Bikes
The two singles are there because there were two logs across the track. Rather than cut and move the logs, we left them as they were and just built up both sides. There are no plans to move or re-model at this stage.