SEQ DH Champs Wode 1, Maltman 2, Klein 3

Cam Hart

Likes Dirt
Update: View Farkin's photos here.

Former Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club rider, Shane Wode, took the top honours at today’s 2005 South East Queensland Downhill MTB Championships.

The international elite was one of over 200 riders who competed on Queensland’s newest and arguably most spectacular downhill course at Illinbah, just outside of Canungra.

Results and pics online at www.twowheelpromotions.com.au.

Read the full release here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gratz to the boys and specially gratz to doogs! Nice to see the boy is finally ripping it again!

Busty

Likes Dirt
liams said:
haha is that you crashing on the oryx? thought it could be you!
Yeah man...I don't know what I was doing.....cleared it by miles in prac then just went to shyt in racing...LOL damn great track tho!!!

liams

Likes Bikes
yeah i was kicking myself for not having my bike built in time! getting my forks a week too late..

Doogs

Likes Bikes
Turley said:
Gratz to the boys and specially gratz to doogs! Nice to see the boy is finally ripping it again!

HAHA cheers man :) Sweet Race, Sweeter Track and Awesome Competition. How close are the top 3 times haha!

There seemed to be heaps of guys taking nice photos with big cameras in the forested area (i could tell by the big bright flashes) Cant wait to see some them popping up everywhere.

Such a sweet sweet track
:)

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
WODE TAKES HONOURS ON NEW COAST MOUNTAIN BIKE COURSE

DATE RELEASED: SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST 2005.

Former Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club rider, Shane Wode, took the top honours at today’s 2005 South East Queensland Downhill MTB Championships.

The international elite was one of over 200 riders who competed on Queensland’s newest and arguably most spectacular downhill course at Illinbah, just outside of Canungra.

His sizzling time of 4:00:43 proved too slick on the tight, technical track for second placegetter, Brisbane’s James Maltman [4:04:74] and Sunshine Series leader, number one ranked Lindsay Klein from Toowoomba [4:06:34].

Earlier in the afternoon another Gold Coaster, Martin Groweg, won the Mens Under 19 title in a time of 4:25:25 from Brett Pengelly [4:30:78] and Lee Wallace [4:33:92].

D’aguillar Range Riders Club junior, Alex Straw, was successful in the Men’s Under 15 competition while Toowoomba speedster Rachael Illing proved too strong in the Women’s Under 17 race.

Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club President, Cameron Hart, praised both the standard of today’s competition and the Illinbah course.

“It’s the first time we’ve used this course and it passed every test with flying colours,” Mr Hart said.

“A lot of hard work has gone into its development and it’s now ready to host everything from regular club events to national and international competitions.

“It was also great to see the calibre of competitor we had here today and while Lindsay was ranked number one coming into this competition, Shane and up-and-comer James have both let him know that he’ll have a fight on his hands every time he puts his feet on the pedals."

“Shane’s international experience really showed today and he thoroughly deserved his victory,” he said.

Other winners were Jamie Dougall [Men’s Ex], Phillip Howe [Men’s Under 17], Stewart McQuilken [Men’s S], Glynn Hicks [Men’s Veterans], and Sam Trevor [Men’s H].

Today's 2005 South East MTB Championships were the final event on this year’s Queensland mountain bike calendar.

They were proudly sponsored by the Nerang Mountain Bike Centre with support from Jarr, Surfers City Holden, Rocky Mountain Cycles, Race Face, Maxxis and the Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club.

Results and pics online at www.twowheelpromotions.com.au

ENDS