SEQ DH Rd 1 - Kennilworth

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who's going?
More specifically who's entering the enduro class?
This will be my first year at this series and my first time on this track. I'll be riding my Yeti SB6c.
Has anyone got any tips on how to set up your bike? The video on the SEQ page looks mint, very excited to see that canyon.
If anyone wants a lift I'll be leaving from Brisbane early enough to make the 7am registration to get in a few practice runs. Contact me on here.
Adam

EDIT: Registration closes tonight so get on it!

Last edited:

clockworked

Like an orange
Well i ran over a tree snake in the top section, crashed twice and came dead last!
great to ride a new track though
how'd you guys go?

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well i ran over a tree snake in the top section, crashed twice and came dead last!
great to ride a new track though
how'd you guys go?
Absolutely loved the track and the event was run extremely well! What were you riding clockworked? I was in the enduro and there was some freakish times! Still finding dust in my ears and nose!

clockworked

Like an orange
Oh I've got that black knolly warden. Love that bike, but it must get bored with me piloting it! There weren't as many of us as I expected in our class.

But yeah - the winning time wouldn't have been embarrassing in the elite category!

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh I've got that black knolly warden. Love that bike, but it must get bored with me piloting it! There weren't as many of us as I expected in our class.

But yeah - the winning time wouldn't have been embarrassing in the elite category!
How'd you go through the canyon and the drop into that dusty sharp left berm that followed it?
I love how capable the enduro bikes are on downhill tracks these days. The times of the riders on enduro bikes compared to the guys on DH bikes are proving it! Will you be at round 2 Illinbah?

clockworked

Like an orange
Slow enough through the canyon that I was still see-sawing down it, but as the day wore on the place filled up with dust, so I couldn't see as many sharp edges. So i could overcome my internal wimp a bit more and pick the speed up! Something a little slacker may have been faster, but it's all in your head through there I suspect, aside from hitting the walls. If it was wide open space with the same floor it'd be less concerning!

The breaking bumps after the drop in that corner were a bit of a confidence killer too.

All in all, I'm looking forward to getting back there. As with anything there is a lot of speed to gain in familiarity.

I'm hopeful of getting to Illinbah, I paid for entry for all of the series and I've actually ridden that track before, but I've got a 6 week work trip landing around those dates which might knock me out.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How'd you go through the canyon and the drop into that dusty sharp left berm that followed it?
I love how capable the enduro bikes are on downhill tracks these days. The times of the riders on enduro bikes compared to the guys on DH bikes are proving it! Will you be at round 2 Illinbah?
I was marshalling at the chute drop and the gnarliest line of the day was sent by the rider who won the enduro category. Wasn't the fastest but he definitely went biggest.