SEQLD Gravity Enduro Series - Entering with a 120mm trail bike?

Hi all,

Pretty interested in entering the 2016 SRAM SEQLD Gravity Enduro Series (link here).

I've got a 2011 Trek Fuel EX9, which is fine for the singletrack I ride (Gap Creek, Daisy Hill, Bunyaille etc) and I thought I'd be alright using it in the race. Run what ya brung and all that. Obviously I don't intend to be competitive, I just want to have a fun day racing on some cool trails. Same as when I enter XC races on it, I'm never going to come close to the podium but I enjoy the experience all the same.

Then I watched a couple of last years videos and saw some photos from the races, and everyone seems to be running new bikes with bling kit. Needless to say it kind of unnerved me a bit.
My bike still rolls on 26's, it runs 120mm Fox suspension front and rear, and the seatpost only drops if I don't have the quick release tight enough...

So I'm putting this question out there, preferably from people who raced the last season, is it (comfortably) do-able on my steed? Or am I essentially wasting my entry fee trying to take a XC-ish trail bike on a gravity enduro race?

Cheers

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've ridden some of the venues but don't race #enduro. Giddy Up and go for it, your bike will be fine.

clockworked

Like an orange
it's definitely achievable!

Doesn't sound like you'll be too cut if you're a bit off the pace. There are some decent features on the A-lines of these tracks, but I'm sure you'd be able to find a safe enough route down to make it enjoyable.

Enduro is pretty sociable too!

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any A lines with "Gaps" have a B line you can take. The only time there isn't a B line is sometimes in the steeps. On these tracks you really need to make sure you don't get the red mist and ride within your level.

I have ridden a Hardtail at all our venues from time to time when I have been Bunting the courses. It is possible to ride all the tracks just the speed and lines changes with an Enduro bike.