Serious bottom bracket problems - need good advice fast please

motabikeboy

Likes Bikes
Hello again every body, im continuing the upgrade of my specialized bighit. and i'm not up to the cranks, I looked at all the videos about how to remove ISIS bottom brackets. And I went and bought myself a $100 tool set. and got to the point where i was removing the drive side on the bottom bracket. it didnt budge, so i undid the other side and it appears that a cup came off. I continued trying to remove the drive side by turning it clock wise like the videos say and POP, All teeth on it were stripped. And so I now have no idea what to do. The mechanism that the chain guide is mounted on the frame looks COMPLETELY different to any that i have seen. Any one out there how to help me and able to tell me what to do?

Please i need help...

DSCF1002.jpgDSCF1003.jpg

shakes

Likes Dirt
IF you can get the tool on there, and hold it tight in place with a bolt into your BB axle, with maybe some washers or something try that.

I would take it to your LBS, if you make it even the slightest bit worse you'll be up for a big labour charge to get it out.

As is, it's going to be a heap of fun. bribes of beer to your LBS may make them more likely to help you.

motabikeboy

Likes Bikes
I have Just taken it into the LBS.
And they seem to be nice enough to have a look at it.
I know the guy pretty well in there so i might be lucky. ;-)

stabbsy

Likes Dirt
1. make sure you are turning the cups the right way, they are opposite threaded
2. major tip for isis bottom brackets is to get the tool and insert into the cup so the splines line up, and then put a qr skewer through the bb to hold the tool on, and then undo it. This avoids striping the threads.
There is ever chance that water has gone down your seat tube and caused the metals to fuse together slightly so you made need to spray or soak (overnight) the bottom bracket in WD-40 or any penetrant. You will obviously have to bin the bb