Service for mtb in Canberra

bighit clarky

Likes Bikes
I know this question has probably been asked a million times before but where is the best MTB bike mechanical shop in Canberra?? I normally like to do it myself, but just haven't the time ATM. It's a Scott 29er by the way. Thanks.

murf58

Likes Bikes
I know this question has probably been asked a million times before but where is the best MTB bike mechanical shop in Canberra?? I normally like to do it myself, but just haven't the time ATM. It's a Scott 29er by the way. Thanks.
I have used Onya Bikes for a few years - mainly the Belconnen store but also the City (they also have a shop in Woden now). A long story short but in 2009 I was at Stromlo (on a day trip from Sydney) riding a new Giant (bought from the Central Coast) when I had a major mechanical failure. I didn't know anything about Canberra bike shops but luckily ran into a downhiller in the car park who took me to Onya at Belconnen. They spent two hours fixing the bike and wouldn't charge me a cent for it (apparently the bike hadn't been built properly either) - all because I had a new Giant and they were Giant dealers and it was the right thing to do. I have been a loyal customer since.
When I was living in Sydney I still travelled to Canberra for services, upgrades and for buying new bikes. The owner is a great guy and they have some great mechanics - I recommend them highly. I now live in Armidale and continue to get my bikes from Onya - also a great excuse for a trip to Stromlo!!

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In Canberra you have to bin it and buy a new one.
Thanks.
hey now! don't be like that! come into The Bike Super Store in Mitchelll, I know the mechanic there and he's been a bike mechanic since the early 70's and has the knowledge to back it up to! rarely if ever I have seen him stumped by a bike, also bike super store are scott dealers and have a bunch of scott parts out back and can sort out another issues, not only that they're good blokes! ask to speak to david!

Flint

Likes Dirt
Monkey Wrench in Hackett. They are pretty much only a mechanic shop, but they do sell a small range of accessories. One of the guys worked for Trek, not sure about the other, they know their stuff.

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Monkey Wrench in Hackett. They are pretty much only a mechanic shop, but they do sell a small range of accessories. One of the guys worked for Trek, not sure about the other, they know their stuff.
+ 1 for monkey wrench always help me out when I'm unsure of something

call_me_bruce

Likes Dirt
Cycle Surgery in Florey. A bit like monkey wrench in that it's mainly a workshop. The guy there, Simon, is great. He does good work and is always flat strap busy, which is a good sign.