Service maual for Fork DT Swiss XRC Twin Shoot

Hello
Is anyone have full service manual or have some link with guide to complete service of DT Swiss XRC twin shoot Fork service ? I know there is service video and manual on YouTube and Dt Swiss but this is only basic for oil change in right side where is spring only I need real full service manual including this DT Swiss ''secret mysterious'' left side dumping unit which hold all magic with twin shot which is pressurized ( what is pressure and how to do it proper way to rebuild) this is very complicated looking fork I already opened and take apart but will need more info to how to proper rebuild per DT factory recommendation , DT Swiss will not give this information but they very fast and happy to take you $1300 to sell what busters:( , any help would appreciate .
Thx

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are pretty much screwed. I had a dt fork that I recently had to send back on warranty because no one could or would service it. The damping cartridge had an issue so was beyond my abilities. After having it returned twice apparently repaired but actually more broken than it was before I sent it back again and just asked for a refund. If you can do the same I advise you do it and get a RS or fox so you can actually fix the thing your self.
The only other options you have is you could try sending them to the new dt distributor. They didn't inspire confidence when I contacted them. Or send them over seas for a service. My brother living in Canada had an issue with his fork at tha same time I did. They looked after him with a temp replacement and actually fixed his fork and wasn't out of pocket. There is just no support for these forks in Australia. Again I say cut your losses. I bought a RS revalation and am much happier with this fork than I was with the dt. Would have kept the dt however if I could get parts and service it since it worked well enough. Just a huge PITA when it stopped working.

hairy1

Likes Bikes
Don't know how much this helps, but I've got a DT XMC 130 fork that you can have for shipping cost to pull apart and have a look at before you go nuts on yours. I'm not familiar with how different yours is from this model. It's got a crack propagating out from the upper break mount bolt hole and isn't safe to use so I'm gonna get rid of it...

tim

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are pretty much screwed. I had a dt fork that I recently had to send back on warranty because no one could or would service it. The damping cartridge had an issue so was beyond my abilities. After having it returned twice apparently repaired but actually more broken than it was before I sent it back again and just asked for a refund. If you can do the same I advise you do it and get a RS or fox so you can actually fix the thing your self.
The only other options you have is you could try sending them to the new dt distributor. They didn't inspire confidence when I contacted them. Or send them over seas for a service. My brother living in Canada had an issue with his fork at tha same time I did. They looked after him with a temp replacement and actually fixed his fork and wasn't out of pocket. There is just no support for these forks in Australia. Again I say cut your losses. I bought a RS revalation and am much happier with this fork than I was with the dt. Would have kept the dt however if I could get parts and service it since it worked well enough. Just a huge PITA when it stopped working.

Thx to both for reply
Yes I know DT Swiss in Australia is horrible they just don't care zilch about customers! handle you like you are not human like you have stolen not bought it with overpriced $$$$ , they are busters , they are rude, arrogant , they have 0 and any respect for buyer who decide to spend hard earned money on the most expensive MTB fork in world which alone cost close to $1300 here in Australia almost as complete good MTB carbon bike ! And if fork has problem and you need service you have to have nerves like Elephant and to spend and wait months once you decide to send fork on service and to pray and have all this torture waiting to be fixed after multi play sending back and forth and offcourse all this with hardly not normal procedure which cost you big money for postage cost , they dont allow you to deal directly and sent it fast direct to DT Swiss Australia service but to go some stupid expensive slow way over some other bike shops which you didn't purchase from, even if you buy online from official Australia shops . In other words I had horror experience dealing with DT Swiss Australia service which is just not imaginable for normal person . But I just like this Fork Dt swiss xrc100 twins shot father light no competition here with 1150gr! for me, when is working is for me on of the best ( if I forget flexing on full carbon model) is everything I ever wanted in one fork ,remote flick and you are 30 mm lower flick you are full lock in 30mm lower , flick you are full lock in 100mm and flick again full suspension 100mm butter smooth with lots of manual tuning and fine adjust with finger reach in fly adjust rebound ,compression and all packed in incredibly light 1150gr! and butter smooth , but I repeat offcourse when is working all fine . The problem I noticed using it in last 3 years with 2 different forks bought here in Australia xrc 100 twin shot one was carbon lower but alloy steerer and crown( much stiffer than full carbon but 1280gr ) and the other which I have now is full carbon (1150gr) , is that they have some problem in damping unit and with some problem with not full oil filled by factory sold and pressure inside of chamber when has problem with seals around rebound and compression adjuster, so if you play and adjust rebound and compression you will hear sooner or latter air hissing come out fork and after that starting problems, like fork will not lock and rebound will not work , funny noise coming out like air bubbling noise when compressed and decompressed etc.. and not any more smooth all this lose of oil and air pressure in damping unit. IF just have some good service manual from Dt Swiss I will fix it myself I very handy repairing and have lots of tools and very good with fixing things and I am not scare to experiment and modify things ;) Hary1 Thx for the offer how much you want for shiping cost for that XMC130 to be shipped to Sydney postcode 2217? what is condition your fork any picture can you send on private ?
many thx

SummitFever

Eats Squid
If you're handy like you say, then just pull them apart. Post up pics and specific questions and the Rotorburn brains trust will get you sorted. The only problem you may come across is getting spare parts if something is broken. As you disassemble, take careful note of where (and how much) oil there is in the various parts of the forks. This will help diagnose what may have gone wrong and/or assist in reassembly.

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
cameleon72 it sounds like the dampner issue you've had is exactly the same as what happened to mine. If you love your fork. Send it to Europe or the States to have it fixed right. Apparently the oil in the dampner is put in under pressure. Something like 5psi. God knows how you are supposed to do that. Seeing that mine was returned three times due to a failure to repair it . It's not that easy. Isn't the full carbon Lefty super light or even one of those sexy Kilo forks from europe.

Hi all
thx for reply's and help. as someone suggested above I wish is just seals to change and problem solved . I repeat this is not like ordinary fork , right side where is damping unit is just some very complicated machinery Swiss stuff inside with ABS (auto balance system) and twin shot dual chambers pressure all inside of one piston like unit , never seen anything before in other fork trust me I opened many, that's why many bike workshops just have no clue and just return it to you as this is very peace of machinery and complicated stuff DT Swiss have put inside I would dare to say that even for the DT Swiss this fork was so much complicated easy to prove when you go and look on Dt Swiss webpage you will notice they don't making anymore this since 2 years last xrc 100 was made only single shot version and alloy as I repat to complicated and I think even DT Swiss will not admit bad manufacture design internal in this magic damping unit, it is possible to service and repair but with some over manufacture modification only known with good DT Swiss technicians as most here in Australia don't know how to fix 100% properly even with all DT Swiss tools and manuals , just see new DT Swiss fork range for 2014 2015 and you will notice no more father light carbon forks finish! completely redesign included internal system, all now lightest range from DT Swiss is 1550gr.-1600gr. range which is way to heavy compared to previous XRC 100 which had no competition in that class and defiantly not any more interesting for me is just now ordinary fork nothing special in class now like every other manufacture . I rather choice now Sid XX world cup or fox CDT , to not even talk about new DT swiss forks design look which was before 300% times better looking with no competition and I will dare to say definitely DT swiss XRC 100 was one of the most beautiful looking fork out there on the market for years is just was face turning on bike where ever you show with your bike ;) , the new design from DT swiss to me is just in range Suntor made in China but with triple price of Suntor, basically you now paying high price only for ''Made in Swiss'' which is no no for me :)

Below is some photos which i made 2 years ago when i opened first time this fork , however it really does not show all how complex is made this dumping unit inside and how is made to operate with so much functions is such a small pistons with double chamber in and small balls and pistons which operate rebound dial with and help combination with oil and pressure balance on 2 small rods pushing in and out
Best regards

Attachments