Session 88

hey farkers i was wondering if anyone knew stuff about the new session 88's (apart from that they look dead sexy). I was searchin on the net but could not find much. Stuff like oz price and specs, and when they'll be on sale would be appreciated thanks.

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
For Aus prices check this out
http://erinabikeworxonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=140_1_154&products_id=2873
http://erinabikeworxonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=140_1_154&products_id=2872

Mine is on order, im told that there will only be 5 bikes (DH model im unsure on the FR model) in the first shipment which will be in the next few weeks. More will be coming later on (not sure on dates)

I have also heard (rumour) that the current slide in the aussie dollar may cause a increase in some brands but im unsure as to which ones

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They will be hard to get. Manly cycles has one in the window. $7,500 for the FR I think. I'm tempted... looks sweet. Had a chance to demo one in Whistler - rad.

merlz

Likes Bikes
For Aus prices check this out
http://erinabikeworxonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=140_1_154&products_id=2873
http://erinabikeworxonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=140_1_154&products_id=2872

Mine is on order, im told that there will only be 5 bikes (DH model im unsure on the FR model) in the first shipment which will be in the next few weeks. More will be coming later on (not sure on dates)

I have also heard (rumour) that the current slide in the aussie dollar may cause a increase in some brands but im unsure as to which ones
That is HORN!! First i've seen of it, looks like a big improvement on the Session 10...

tc2233

Likes Dirt
I saw one at the Trek tent at the Stromlo world cup. Looks like a sick dh bike but the frame looks like a Kona Frame and a Iron Horse frame put together.

Lorday

Eats Squid
Maybe PM {Scar face} (I think it's spelt like that check my profile he's on there), he works at a trek store, maybe ask him.

Scottlan

Likes Dirt
the trek guys at the world cup said that they will be around the 7500 to 8000. they are fucking sweet. n weight like 17kg so light.... n very sturdie

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't buy it, it is overpriced, overhyped and I doubt it will be that great.
Steve Jones from Dirt knows a good bike. "I like it slightly by its appearance and componentry, slightly better by its suspension design and features, most of all I love the way it handles. I reckon they've built and awesome bike here." Also the photos of him riding it in issue 79 are just plain rad.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jonesy also said that the Sunday & M6 were poorly designed bikes in the mags session 88 review
:confused:

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
i managed a quick chat and sit on andrew shandros bike at whistler during crankworx this year. he gets paid to say good things about it i guess but he was very happy with it, also said he prefered it over the session10. if the latest dirt mag write up/advertisment is anything to go by it should go alright.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jonesy also said that the Sunday & M6 were poorly designed bikes in the mags session 88 review
:confused:
So Jonesy says that it was going to be compared to the M6, Sunday and an Orange 224..(his own one)..and he states that the reason the M6 and Sunday were left out was because of 'poor suspension and geometry'. He also says that the Orange had a Cane Creek shock, Tuned Boxxers and Maxxis Super Tacky's. I think the reason he compared the Session to his Orange exclusively is because he thinks his Orange is the ducks guts and wanted to see how the Trek compared to it directly. I'm gonna email him and find out.

Last edited:

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here we go straight from the horses mouth.

"What ive done is include a letter in this next issue outlining where
we're at. early M6 geometry was wrong which they have now sorted out
and the sunday is pretty dated now, great bike when it came out but other
companies do more, for less money and better geometry."

So there we go.

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
Clarence St Cycles have 1 and it is for $7999 DH model.

Nice looking but for the price you would be better off going a Norco Team DH same spec $2k cheaper.

Last edited: