Set up tips please DHX5 coil on Heckler

jawry

Likes Dirt
G'day All,

Just after any set up tips/advice for a DHX5 coil I have just got from here. It will go on my 2011 medium heckler.

Info: I weigh around 80kg fully kitted and ready to ride. Will be fitting a 400lb spring (at first) as determined from TF tuned spring calculator. Preferred riding is fast and rough, light DH.

Anyone of similar size etc with some base set up figures to start with or failing that, some suggestions/tips?

Thanks blokes and blokettes.

jawry

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had a dhx4 on a eastern slash way back, so a little bit of similarity. Also had a mountain cycle balance for a while - 5inch single pivot that was regularly on the dh track. Minimal rebound! The heckler will ramp through pretty quick if I am understanding the way you have described your riding style. Also run your sag at about 15-20%. It will feel stiff, but the sacrifice in small bump sensitivity will be outweighed by surviving the big hits and boosting jumps. Short travel thrash bikes are heaps of fun.

PUL54R

Likes Bikes
On my heckler I had, 90kgs kitted up only difference would be i was running an RC4 shock
Spring: 450lb
Bottom out: full counter-clock wise
Boost pressure: 150psi
Sag: around 16-18mm
Preload: 1 turn

Best change to a Heckler you can make putting on a coil shock!
Enjoy