"Sexy Devil" Final build and ridden

andrepalmer

Likes Dirt
Finally got my hands on the 2009 SXT, I moved the good parts from the old 2008 bike and her it is :

Specs :

Frame :Size Medium SX Trail M5 Manipulated Alloy frame 170mm travel
Rear shock : Fox DHX 4.0 coil 7.875x2.25", rebound adj. and ProPedal
Fork : Fox Vanilla 36 2008
Headset : Chris King red (with reducer for bottom)
Stem : Thomson X4 50mm
Handlebars : Race face diabolus
Grips : Specialized
Front brake : Custom Avid Elixir R, hydraulic disc, reach adjust, metallic pads, 203mm rotor
Rear brake : Custom Avid Elixir R, hydraulic disc, reach adjust, metallic pads, 185mm rotor
Brake levers : Custom Avid Elixir R Hydraulic, tool-less adj. reach
Front derailleur : Shimano M660 SLX, DMD, top swing, dual pull
Rear derailleur : SRAM X-9, 9-speed, mid cage
Shifters : SRAM X-5, trigger, 9-speed
Cassette : Sram, 9-speed, 11-34t
Chain : KMC X9 SL gold ti
Crank : Truvativ Stylo, 170mm, w/ Gamut Shift chain guide
Chainrings : 24A x 36A w/ Gamut guard
Bottom bracket : Truvativ Stylo, outboard bearing
Pedals : CB 5050xx
Rims : Custom DT Swiss F550, 30mm, 32h
Hubs : Industry nine
Spokes : Industry nine
Tires : Specialized Clutch SX 26x2.3", 60 TPI, aramid bead, cap ply, soft dual compound
Inner tubes : Specialized 26x2.3", presta
Saddle : WTB
Seatpost : Thomson
Seat binder : Hope red

Last edited:

madboy

Likes Dirt
Holy Shit that looks dialled! Can I ask how much does she way? Nice ride mate. Ride her hard!

Moony

Likes Dirt
great spec and finish on the frame - i'm not a fan of the hugely curved hydroformed downtube though, same as norco.

have fun and ride hard!!

andrepalmer

Likes Dirt
Holy Shit that looks dialled! Can I ask how much does she way? Nice ride mate. Ride her hard!
I think its about 16+ a bit, waiting for fox float 36 and ti spring to come and monkey lite carbon bar. Then will weigh it again. Cheers....

lockieoc

Likes Dirt
very nice sx, nice curves but not to over the top, but the head tube just looks weird. yes i know its so you can fit 1.5" bearings

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This would be about the only Specialized I'd like to own.
Great spec.
Better pics would be appreciated! :D

andrepalmer

Likes Dirt
very nice sx, nice curves but not to over the top, but the head tube just looks weird. yes i know its so you can fit 1.5" bearings
Yeh the downside is that I can't be bothered buying 2 different headsets.... so I use reducer on it in order to be able to use 1.1/8 headset. Spez need to work on that, may be a reducer that sinks the bottom headset part to make it invincible hahahaa.... cheers mate

Matt H

Eats Squid
Hmm... not a fan of the new SX-t. Looks like they grabbed the older one and put it in an oven.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is one nice looking Specialized SX T. I am not a massive fan of the curves, but I don't hate them either, but yours looks really good.

I think Specialized wanted to change their frame look, since it has been the same since 2005, so you can't blame them, and I guess every other company has been going to these curves, so why not.

I still love Specialized, and everything they do and this is why. ;)

MTB MAD

Likes Dirt
that bike is so sweet i like the new frame design youve got a nice colour scheem going there to have fun with it

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Couldn't you swap, steerer, crowns, and stanchions with your current 36s to keep the cool 1.5-1 1/8th steerer?
Why get 36s anyway. I found this bike to be a nice little DH bike, but too much for trail riding, well to much for every day, but still worthy of a blast. Do you use the front mech?
With the demo 7 providing much the same geo(BB height and head angle), if they had the same forks, what made you chose this over a demo 7? I'm not saying it's a bad choice, just curious, as I can't tell what would be better. Demo is a lot cheaper, not sure what's lighter. I've not ridden a current demo, but had a blast on the SX Trail II I got to ride.
Sexy bike you have there, enjoy it.

andrepalmer

Likes Dirt
Couldn't you swap, steerer, crowns, and stanchions with your current 36s to keep the cool 1.5-1 1/8th steerer?
Why get 36s anyway. I found this bike to be a nice little DH bike, but too much for trail riding, well to much for every day, but still worthy of a blast. Do you use the front mech?
With the demo 7 providing much the same geo(BB height and head angle), if they had the same forks, what made you chose this over a demo 7? I'm not saying it's a bad choice, just curious, as I can't tell what would be better. Demo is a lot cheaper, not sure what's lighter. I've not ridden a current demo, but had a blast on the SX Trail II I got to ride.
Sexy bike you have there, enjoy it.
too much work on swapping steering tube with previous fork, I choose 36 because I like them and it doesn't need a longer fork for it to be able to do DH runs. I have a demo 8 for DH racing and this is going to be my FR bike... it's a totally different feeling compare to Demo 7 or Demo 8 as I had the Demo 7 before.... it does seems like a baby Demo but this one is more flickable and ligther too... it's a lot snappier out of a corner and so easy to jump and do manuals compare to my old Demo 7 or SXT I. I will have another bike for XC-AM ride later on. Cheers

andrepalmer

Likes Dirt

Final build and tested on my local trail.... changed the fork to Float 36 and felt much better than the old Vanilla. Will take it for DH run this weekend with Tupper's new Pitch. Then XC and AM ride....

So far the differences I felt from the 08 SXT are :

More responsive steering
Snappier out of corner
Easier to pop for a jump or bunny hop

Last edited: