Shane warne hates cyclists!!!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Trolling? Why do you ask? Is it because I'm the only one who has shown a realistic opinion of what happened.......allegedly?
A realistic opinion? Can you trust anything that comes out of his mouth, he's changed his story a couple of times already and had a run in with cyclists only a few days before.

The version of the story I read had the cyclist admitting he unclipped and pushed on Warne's car to get past it.

One version I read also said he was driving a Ferrari.

If someone had've done that to my car I would chuck a wobbly too.'
To the point of deliberatly hitting a rider?

Cyclists over exploit some of the pathetic and dangerous laws they are to abide by and are always causing trouble where it isn't necesary. I use the road every day for riding and I have no trouble as I use my head and make good judgement instead of expecting people driving a vehicle to give me some space. It isn't hard to ride responsibly on the road.
I don't know the road where the incident happened but from what I gather it's a fairly busy route, maybe a bit more traffic than Coffs. I also ride everyday and agree it isn't that hard to ride responsibly, but I do expect some courteousy from other road users.

Warnies comments are largely stupid and ill-informed plus he drove into the bike causing a reasonable amount of damage - which I cannot condone. Yell at each other, tweet about it if that's your thing, but realistically, driving intentionally into bike should be taken as an intentional road accident at best, assault at worst.

What really worries me is that this kind of thing gives the average moron out there more support to be aggressive to cyclists - to the extent that it can make it more risky for the average rider doing nothing wrong.
This.

Last edited:

rone

Eats Squid
Word around the nets this morning is that Shane was late for his Advanced Hair Studio appointment.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So we agree that the media has made a shit storm out of it and totally blown it out of proportion? I doubt you'd argue that fact. My argument was based on the loosely tied together initial reports I read after the incident and from a source saying that it was the cyclist's version. Both parties were involved and somehow a car ended up on top of someone's bike and that someone somehow got in front of said car. Whether it happened on a roadway, a pedestrian crossing, a bike lane, a latte bar or a cricket pitch it still doesn't change the fact that it took two people to be involved and both claim the other did the wrong thing. I said earlier I don't like Warne, in fact I can't stand the dopey tool but he still had a bike in front of his car in a lane of traffic and retaliated for some reason.
Coffs Harbour is a busy place but not as busy as the areas around Melbourne city. Perhaps I shouldn't tar every roadie with the same brush but in a town like mine that is a big cyclist area I can assure you that ninety percent of the road riders are a statistic waiting to happen. We get a whole lot of accidents happen on the road ways around here that kill people where everyone bitches and moans about the accident happening because of the road being dangerous and we need a bypass and we need more speed cameras blah blah blah. I'm sick of hearing it! It isn't the fucking road that is the problem! It is the people using it making some stupid decisions and causing an accident! The condition of the roads and the lay of the roads are safe enough if you operate your vehicle according to the conditions. It isn't hard to share the road with other users if you use the big fat mushy brain protected by your skull.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
In the past week I have seen countless roadies going through red lights, stop signs and generally thinking they are above the law. If they want to be taken more seriously then perhaps they should reassess their actions. Or is this simply a case of a few bad apples??

JX8P

Likes Dirt
I find this quite frightening.

He is/was a good cricketer, but a role model, not really.

Just because someone is good at something does not make them a role model.
Hey i dont think he is a role model, i think he is a total moron!

JX8P

Likes Dirt
this all came from the facebook dispute i got into with a "friend"

from the conversation...

"Take warnie out of it, it's what people feel, it's what's always been felt. The old classic 'infrastructure use' argument is invalid, cyclists still use it, it's about being accountable. We lose points and licenses for running oranges (seen cyclists doing it) holding up flow of traffic ( another cyclist trait) beach road!!! Arggghhh! Littering, dangerous driving, unroad worthy vehicles... If cyclists are not worried and do everything correctly why stress about being identifiable and accountable? We all pay taxes and rates and tolls, fuck, even skateboarders are getting fined. Unless it's going to be flipped the other way like Copenhagen and Amsterdam where bikes have the right, then cyclists should get off their high seats and join the rest of us road battlers, then they can bitch all they want... "

im losing in this one as it seems "warnie" has paid these guys off..

its quite bad as they actually seem hostile in the thread.. example

Im with Warnie, its the attitude of the cyclists in this city which causes problems. How am I NOT supposed to run you down when you're riding four abreast in a one lane road!?
Like · · Unfollow Post · 17 hours ago ·

8 people like this.
Susan Edgecombe totally agree Alex, they are so oblivious to any other traffic on the roads, way tooo cocky!!
17 hours ago · Like · 1
Stephen Baker Yeah, fuck those guys!
17 hours ago · Like · 2
Ian Hemmens Wipe them out - all of them!!!

John U

MTB Precision
I'd love to see these agro drivers spend a few weeks commuting and then get their opinion, but that's never going to happen.

Warnie could ride from Brighton to the G for practise.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'd love to see these agro drivers spend a few weeks commuting and then get their opinion, but that's never going to happen.

Warnie could ride from Brighton to the G for practise.
I shared my view earlier. I commute most days and spend lots of time driving and sharing the road with mindless twits. It agitates me plenty sharing the road with cars, bikes, trucks, buses...........Their direction is all decided by the organic matter behind the steering wheel.

John U

MTB Precision
I shared my view earlier. I commute most days and spend lots of time driving and sharing the road with mindless twits. It agitates me plenty sharing the road with cars, bikes, trucks, buses...........Their direction is all decided by the organic matter behind the steering wheel.
My post was directed at the people in JX8P's post stating thy'd like to wipe cyclists out, not you.

Most riders drive and therefore have experienced the drivers POV, the same con not be said for most drivers.

MTB Pilot

Likes Dirt
Sorry, but would you trust the story from a man who took his Mum's medication to help him look more pretty? Remember that? Then there's all the suspicion he's had plastic surgery in recent times, had his teeth whitened to the extreme and wears eye liner. Case of his over inflated ego trying to convince us that his version is right because he is Shane Warne. Go and cry on Liz's shoulder princess!

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Hey Peachy

Please submit to the herald sun and lets see if they run it . Hang on , no don`t do that . It gives a has been publicity to resurrect his GONE life . You are a giant douche Shane Warne .Go away , lie down and die a quiet death , you has been .