AM She’s Crafty, she gets around…

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
All the pics of the idler in the other thread got my curiosity piqued about this bike....checked out the interesting kinematics here then found myself here looking for ride reports. Do Craftworks still exist? Nothing on their social media after Oct 2020

Has @Jpez ridden this one and can compare to the Highlander (slight size difference but you never know)?

Jpez

Down on the left!
All the pics of the idler in the other thread got my curiosity piqued about this bike....checked out the interesting kinematics here then found myself here looking for ride reports. Do Craftworks still exist? Nothing on their social media after Oct 2020

Has @Jpez ridden this one and can compare to the Highlander (slight size difference but you never know)?
I would love to ride and compare but the Crafty V1 frame ‘looks’ too short for even Moorey so no chance I’d fit on it. Shame they don’t make proper sized frames. A lot more people would be on them I reckon.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I would love to ride and compare but the Crafty V1 frame ‘looks’ too short for even Moorey so no chance I’d fit on it. Shame they don’t make proper sized frames. A lot more people would be on them I reckon.
More so strange...Kane/Cane is pretty darn tall when met him.

Lucaw

Next in line

They are still responding to my emails, so I guess they are still in business

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I think when the minimum production run quantities went berserk during COVID they paused their production run. Hopefully they can get back into it as they’re really nice blokes.

@kten - I’ve had a very brief spin on both an ENR and @Jpez’s Highlander (albeit neither actually setup for me). IMO the initial travel of the ENR feels a lot more rearward than the Highlander (great for absorbing square edges), then settles into a pocket where it only feels slightly rearward around sag. The rearward action felt more consistent throughout the travel on the Highlander, but that made me a bit more conscious of the changing wheelbase. Wasn’t a bad thing as such, it’d just take me a few rides to get used to it… The link-mounted idler on the ENR does a better job of managing chain forces (IMO) with high anti-squat in climb gears and less in high speed gears.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode a V1 large and it was way too small for me. I checked out the numbers on the V2 when it came out and it still seemed too small for what I need. Bikes have gotten bigger since then too. I would be happy to buy their XXXL model when it comes out.

moorey

call me Mia
I rode a V1 large and it was way too small for me. I checked out the numbers on the V2 when it came out and it still seemed too small for what I need. Bikes have gotten bigger since then too. I would be happy to buy their XXXL model when it comes out.
Yeah, the L v1.1( not v2) was 465 reach. More like a modern medium. The L V1 (which this front is now) is about 450mm, very small by modern standards.

moorey

call me Mia
. Do Craftworks still exist? Nothing on their social media after Oct 2020
They do, currently mainly to support existing bikes, but have said that a v2 is a possibility in the future. I’d absolutely consider one if they do.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
It was looking at the ENR that led me by a roundabout route to the Highlander. I just couldn't commit to one as the numbers looked far too small for me.

Their full builds were screaming value iirc

moorey

call me Mia
I think when the minimum production run quantities went berserk during COVID they paused their production run. Hopefully they can get back into it as they’re really nice blokes.

@kten - I’ve had a very brief spin on both an ENR and @Jpez’s Highlander (albeit neither actually setup for me). IMO the initial travel of the ENR feels a lot more rearward than the Highlander (great for absorbing square edges), then settles into a pocket where it only feels slightly rearward around sag. The rearward action felt more consistent throughout the travel on the Highlander, but that made me a bit more conscious of the changing wheelbase. Wasn’t a bad thing as such, it’d just take me a few rides to get used to it… The link-mounted idler on the ENR does a better job of managing chain forces (IMO) with high anti-squat in climb gears and less in high speed gears.
I’ll be honest, I don’t understand most of that…but my take on it is that it pedals 90% ad well as a comparable bike, but descents are where it shines. Hitting the chunder and rocks feels like I’m cheating. Particularly as it stays fully active when braking in said chunder and rocks, as I tend to do way too much.
It’s an acquired feel landing drops and jumps, with it lengthening and returning. First couple of times, feels like you’re being thrown forward a little. You get used to it then never notice it again.

moorey

call me Mia
See this?

Like a modern ENR. There's a steel version coming shortly too. Much more modern geo.
I haven’t…but a huge part of my original interest in the ENR was price. I don’t think that one will meet similar criteria. Call me a Luddite, but I’m not quite ready for 3d printed frames. Looks nice though. I like the straight lines.

moorey

call me Mia
It’s certainly going to give crafty sized rearward axle path. Assume they’ll need a dropping guide or some wizardry to allow chain growth. The moving idler looks to exacerbate it to my eye

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It’s certainly going to give crafty sized rearward axle path. Assume they’ll need a dropping guide or some wizardry to allow chain growth. The moving idler looks to exacerbate it to my eye View attachment 386951
Works the same as this (which might look a little familiar ;)):

The idler moves rearward at the same time as the rear swing arm lifts which flattens the path of the chain from the cassette to the chainring slightly. Less distance up and over to get around the idler as the moves into its travel means reduced chain tension and less pedal kickback.