Shifter dropper remote hack

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Can someone find me the link please? I want to make a remote out of a shifter...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Perfect. That's what I was looking for. Thanks peeps

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Sucks that this won’t work for posts with the cable bolt attachment at the shifter end.

There’s a Fox Transfer for sale on here I’d have jumped on but it doesn’t come with a remote. And the Fox remote is $115 fucking dollars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

Sucks that this won’t work for posts with the cable bolt attachment at the shifter end.

There’s a Fox Transfer for sale on here I’d have jumped on but it doesn’t come with a remote. And the Fox remote is $115 fucking dollars!
Lifehack: you can acquire a high quality, thumbshifter style of dropper remote with the fast application of a T25 Torx/4mm allen wrench and a solid pair of sidecutters. Total time: 30seconds

Cost: Tools involved, and possibly a fine/general bruising or 6months community service depending on how good a mechanic you are.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I was just thinking about this and it is possible. All you need to do is crimp the cable in place while the shifter is disassembled. Do up the 4 screws on the shifter cover and then attach to bars.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There are ends available that have a grub screw in them to stop the cable slipping. Normally this end goes in the dropper and the normal end in the shifter.
Madstace used one on a Giant contact dropper with a SRAM shifter I believe.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The stock fox lever is a flimsy POS. If you can’t fudge one out of an old shifter, the wolf tooth one is so so sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk