Shimano Airlines

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of my Canadian friends has a full set, brand new in box, never installed on a bike. I tried so hard to buy it off him to go on the LTS dh I'd restored but we were in Vancouver, it was somewhere buried in his parents house on Ontario (and he's now in Africa).
It is cool as shit but as he once said, if you tear the derallieur off its not like you can get spare parts or another one.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of my Canadian friends has a full set, brand new in box, never installed on a bike. I tried so hard to buy it off him to go on the LTS dh I'd restored but we were in Vancouver, it was somewhere buried in his parents house on Ontario (and he's now in Africa).
It is cool as shit but as he once said, if you tear the derallieur off its not like you can get spare parts or another one.
I call BS on your friend - prove me wrong by seeing if he wants to sell them and I'll make an offer... Edit: add something like "he can't refuse" mwahahah (just for heavyp)...

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
I call BS on your friend - prove me wrong by seeing if he wants to sell them and I'll make an offer...
Pretty sure reubs said his friend would not even sell them to him, why would he want to sell them to you with an attitude like that ? If you want some that bad go bid on the link I posted

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty sure reubs said his friend would not even sell them to him, why would he want to sell them to you with an attitude like that ? If you want some that bad go bid on the link I posted
Dude it was a bit light hearted which was lost in Internet translation. So many peeps claim to have this and that and oh "I can't sell it because it's at my folks and blah blah".. Thank you for being the attitude police...

rone

Eats Squid
I remember a few years back Shimano Australia were specialling a couple of NOS sets of Airlines for roughly $50 a set. Considered a set, then went nah...:frusty:

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, call BS all you want- I know he has a set and I know you'll never get it! He actually had/ has a decent stash of cool shit:-
-A Canadian made bike that was pre-WWII
-A 1983 Marushi cruiser mtb with 5 speed shimano DX running gear (brakes are blue ano as were the araya rims) and a Tange fork. Sold by Deep Cove cycles (ie Cove Bikes). These were the 1st bikes ridden on the shore...
- one of about a dozen Titanium Norco cyclocross bikes ever made
-independant fabrication ss hardtail
- a few odd Rocky Mountain prototype frames

...this is just just the stuff I can think of atm.