Shimano brake bleed kits

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Bumping this. Need to track down some fluid and a bleed bucket. Anyone able to recommend somewhere I can get it from with quick delivery? Pushys is currently out.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Bumping this. Need to track down some fluid and a bleed bucket. Anyone able to recommend somewhere I can get it from with quick delivery? Pushys is currently out.
Try mountain bikes direct, they appear to have stock. You'll pay a slight price premium over pushys but their delivery time is pretty good.

Lurkin

Likes Dirt
CRC for cheap mineral oil. Buy the 1l, lasts for ages.
Chemist Warehouse for syringes. Just ask for measuring syringes.
Bunnings for tubing, buy by the metre.
Yoghurt container for dump bucket.
CRC for Shimano Reservoir. Could be done with anything that will thread into the levers threaded hole, but the Shimano one works well and is easily visible in use.
Shimano instructions were clear, fill reservoir, pump brakes (or use syringe for speed) to draw the fluid through the system.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Try mountain bikes direct, they appear to have stock. You'll pay a slight price premium over pushys but their delivery time is pretty good.
MTBD are out of buckets. I don't really want to pay $34 for the kit either when I can get syringes and tubing cheap.
CRC for cheap mineral oil. Buy the 1l, lasts for ages.
Chemist Warehouse for syringes. Just ask for measuring syringes.
Bunnings for tubing, buy by the metre.
Yoghurt container for dump bucket.
CRC for Shimano Reservoir. Could be done with anything that will thread into the levers threaded hole, but the Shimano one works well and is easily visible in use.
Shimano instructions were clear, fill reservoir, pump brakes (or use syringe for speed) to draw the fluid through the system.
You think CRC delivery will be quick enough? Are there still any tricks to get free express delivery? The only extra thing I really need is a set of bars.

Keachy

Likes Dirt
A regular syringe self taps into the lever bleed port on shimano brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

discofrank

Likes Dirt
i have the bucket and some oil i got from kalamunda cycles

i have yet to bleed mine yet ( XT's ) as when i ordered the bucket thing the next day i screwed my ankle

if you want to bleed my brakes you can use my funnel :p
im in lesmurdie

chino79

Likes Dirt
Recently got 100ml for $25 from a LBS, was not happy. Imagine paying them to bleed em.... Prob get new brakes cheaper online. $30 for 1 liter is the way to go....

D01

Likes Dirt

That's what I've been doing too.

I haven't quite worked out how to remove it without making a big mess though. Any suggestions?

stirk

Burner

That's what I've been doing too.

I haven't quite worked out how to remove it without making a big mess though. Any suggestions?
That's a good idea, with the plunger removed you have a bleed bucket.

You could custom a stick plug like the shimano kit comes with out of a bit of wood, or using a bit of wood wodge a bit of bluetack into the hole before unscrewing it.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

You could custom a stick plug like the shimano kit comes with out of a bit of wood, or using a bit of wood wodge a bit of bluetack into the hole before unscrewing it.
Or the plunger that came with it........maybe? :noidea: :doh:

stirk

Burner
Or the plunger that came with it........maybe? :noidea: :doh:
If you're an octopus that might work moving both syringes at the same time, a simultaneous pull/push of fluid otherwise being only two handed and doing a push from the bottom only with the top an open bucket you'd pressurise the syringe putting the plunger back in and end up with a gush of oil when you unscrewed it right.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
If you're an octopus that might work moving both syringes at the same time, a simultaneous pull/push of fluid otherwise being only two handed and doing a push from the bottom only with the top an open bucket you'd pressurise the syringe putting the plunger back in and end up with a gush of oil when you unscrewed it right.
Do you even? Are you an engineer? You seem to be really good at Making a simple process, a bazillionty times more complicated than it needs to be....

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
i have the bucket and some oil i got from kalamunda cycles

i have yet to bleed mine yet ( XT's ) as when i ordered the bucket thing the next day i screwed my ankle

if you want to bleed my brakes you can use my funnel :p
im in lesmurdie
I ended up picking up a full kit thingy so I've got the lot. When I last went in all Tim had was the squeezy bottle and tube kit, distro was out of buckets.

D01

Likes Dirt

Cheers for that. I'm using a 25ml syringe, and a bamboo kebab skewer fits perfectly.