Shimano Centerlock Through Axle Crushwasher?

takai

Eats Squid
Went to change discs on the MTB the other night (damn you rock), and the little crush washer pinged off into the unknown of the grate drain outside our garage. Now this normally wouldnt be a problem except that its a through axle nut, not the normal QR ones. Looks like this:

Now the couple of bike shops i tried only had these sorts:

Which—needless to say—don't fit.

Where to get some of the external thread ones?

Z

Zaf

Part you're looking for is called the Shimano M8010 outer serration lock ring.
Should be able to pull one off ebay in a pinch or go to a Shimano dealer and hit them up for spares.

takai

Eats Squid
Part you're looking for is called the Shimano M8010 outer serration lock ring.
Should be able to pull one off ebay in a pinch or go to a Shimano dealer and hit them up for spares.
The M8010 looks to be an inner thread as well. Will the ID of the lock ring be the same as the OD of the centre lock splines? Doesn’t look like it from the photos of M8010 hubs I have seen.

Z

Zaf

Yeah, you're right. Sorry, completely overlooked that when suggesting it. The M8010 is for sure still the same interface as the standard center-lock but with a larger interface. I've never see that with the threads on the inside portion of the lock ring before, but I'll have a poke around the internet and see what turns up.

takai

Eats Squid
Temporary solution found. Flipping the serrated lock nut means it tightens fully down on the disc, and stops it from wobbling. Popped a bit of blue loctite on it to stop any vibration loosening. Will see how it goes, but it seems like its workable.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I did some more poking around this morning, and it seems that its an AFS interface. Fulcrum's own design based on the Centerlock system.
you win the 'I found a new standard' award this today! I hate buying fulcrum stuff in Aus so expensive!

takai

Eats Squid
I can't check at the moment, but pretty sure the dt swiss 15mm centrelock lock ring is the same.
Sadly it isnt, still an internal thread. Happily though it shows that the serrations arent needed, as they have a flat bottom and blue loctite on the thread.