shimano shoes, help me decide!

sukebe

Likes Dirt
So I need new shoes, I'm a shimano fan and am trying to choose between the M240 (old model with custom fit) or XC61 (new model, not custom fit, one model down from M240 but has newer techology including "dynalast").

Any opinions on these two models? I have wide feet so the custom mold fit of the M240 could be good, but the XC61 is available in a wide fit version. They are the same price. Please help me choose!

If you're buying online get the non-custom ones.

Unlike bont/similar shoes the molding isn't something you can do at home in your oven.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

sukebe

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm confident with my shimano size so will be buying online.

Chopsticks, both are around $150. I'd like the XC70s but they are out of my price range.

Regarding the custom fit, I've read a few experiences of people who note they get more comfortable with time without any initial heat treatment fitment.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The main difference in "Dyna-last" shoes compared to others is the amount of rocker (lengthwise curve through the ball of the foot) in the sole. Dyna-last has less rocker than older models, the theory being that the flatter profile reduces strain in the tendons through the arch of the foot, and also hot-spotting on the cleat area.