Shimano Zee Derailer

Richard Devey

Likes Bikes
Hi I'm looking at buying a shimano zee 11-36 rear derail from someone , if you buy it new what comes in the box? Is it just the mech? Any other bits cone with it like hangar or any other small parts?

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
Hi I'm looking at buying a shimano zee 11-36 rear derail from someone , if you buy it new what comes in the box? Is it just the mech? Any other bits cone with it like hangar or any other small parts?
Just the dérailleur in the package. Hangers are specific to frames so they don't come with those. Make sure you buy the free ride version as the DH version is not designed for 11-36 cassette. The jockey wheels aren't great, if you have another dérailleur with sealed bearing jockey wheels I would swap them over. Zee rear dérailleurs are great, enjoy

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The jockey wheels aren't great, if you have another dérailleur with sealed bearing jockey wheels I would swap them over.
I wouldn't, I find the bushed jockey wheels more reliable and durable than bearings when the going gets shitty. If you want to upgrade them, get Ultegra (road derailleur) pulleys; they're the same as XT up to 9-sp. The upper pulley runs on ceramic bushes, which don't wear, rust, or turn to poo. (The bottom one runs on a bearing though. Stick with the standard Zee/SLX pulley).