Shipping Frame From Canada

*INFERNO*

Likes Dirt
Has anyone ever had a frame shipped from Canada. Found one I want on Pinkbike and the bloke got a quote which was pretty much over the top. Has anyone ever organised pickup from down here with a freight company?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How much do you want the frame?
I can't offer any Canada specific info, but a little perspective perhaps. I sent a bike from Newcastle to Darwin recently and it was over $350. I was really surprised. I have purchased a few bikes and frames from the States, the last one cost me about $320 about 9 months ago.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.worldcargovancouver.com/

Use these guys. I've used them and they were great. I shipped my full dh bike, a full DJ bike and a heap of gear (about 50kgs all up across 2 boxes) for about $500 roughly 2 years back. It is airfreight, they buy spare space on commercial flights so they don't know an exact delivery time but my gear was in Sydney ready to be picked up from the airport 3 days later. It is not a door to door service so if the guy you're buying off is not in Vancouver or can't drop it, you may have to courier it to them near YVR airport, then you pick it up at your local international airport.

mint355

Likes Dirt
Yeah it's expensive try get the person to take it it their LBS and try get it on said LBS shipping account should be about $250 and take about 2-3 weeks

I'd pack the bike/frame with lots of padding and a solid box if you are going to ship with Seven Seas. I shipped a complete bike (dissembled in a box, of course) with them from Oxford, UK to Boston, US in 2012. The bike arrived with a huge rip in the box, some of my tools/little parts fell out along the way and my rear brake rotor was warped, wheel had to be re-trued. It was a Shimano XT rotor, so it must have been a big hit when they were handling the box cause Shimano uses thicker rotors than most. I called them up to lodge a complaint and was pretty much told "shit happens".

I can't remember how much it was but they will come and pick up the box from your door.

Try Seven Seas World wide - https://orders.sevenseasworldwide.com/en-US/Quote/GetQuote.aspx?vid=004ZPaBt1kWnyzreuZB0ZA==

not too sure from Canada. I've had a couple of complete bikes posted from the U.K to OZ for around $175 each.
It's sent via row boat and takes around 2 months but it is one of the cheaper options.
In the U.K they can pick up a loose bike and pack it

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Has anyone ever had a frame shipped from Canada. Found one I want on Pinkbike and the bloke got a quote which was pretty much over the top. Has anyone ever organised pickup from down here with a freight company?
Goodluck getting it SUB $200USD per frame if you want it air freight, even at commercial business freights cost it'll cost you that.
A single bike box is about $270-300USD per bike (before stamp duty + gst etc) from anywhere europe/canada etc.