Shocking news breaking re Cape Epic....

Willo was a great great guy. Always polite when wanting to pass, always grateful when you moved over for him and just a nice bloke all round.

He will be missed.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
RIP James.

Reminds me of the late Geoff Eldridge. Editor of Australasian Dirt Bike magazine. Killed in iconic event on foreign soil.

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
not being able to get a ticket into mtb events seem so insignificant now.
What a champ, a fantastic all round rider capable of awesome results at all race disciplines and just generally a great bloke who was happy to stop and have a chat with anyone. He will be missed greatly.

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Just read the news... that is shocking!

My condolences to the Williamson family - a great person and an inspiration to many taken from this earth way too soon...

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief...

sad... sad... sad...

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Had the pleasure of knowing James, and what a fantastic bloke. I only just this morning posted a comment to his website about a story he wrote about the Otway.

James you will be deeply missed, and the world is a worse place because of your passing. My thoughts go out to Niki and James' family.

I just can't believe it.

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
We were just talking to his lovely Aunty Meg at the Wingello 5 hour on Sunday that he via Enduro mag had sponsored. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. He will be very much missed by all.

Top bloke.

Champion.

mcray

Likes Bikes
This is gut wrenching tragic news!

The cycling community has lost a wonderful ambassador and mentor. My sincerest condolences to his family, friends.

John U

MTB Precision
Sad news. Can't believe it.

Willo was an absolute champion bloke.

Loved his work on the bike and his work at Enduro.

He will be sadly missed.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
shocked.

What can we say or do. This is crazy. A really great guy. Shocked. It seems so crazy posting on here about it. A Very open and wonderful Gentleman. Still can't believe it.
best wishes to all his friends and family .

Fenz

Cannon Fodder
Willo the Champion

It is at time like these that words just don't seem to cut it, James was not only a true champion on the bike, but, a true champion off it. He strived for the best in everything he did and always came up trumps.
I am so lucky to have shared some of the best times with James racing and witnessed him dominate the Aussie 24 Champs and the World 24 hour Champs. I worked with him writting for Enduro and chatted with him few days ago before he left for SA.
Mate I will miss you, the MTB cyclng community has lost one of it's finest.

Go and ride the sweetest single track my friend

Fenz

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am lost for words. Willo was an absolute top bloke - and although I never got to talk to him personally, I had the pleasure of seeing him ride at a number of events, reading his mags and his articles, and been overtaken by him on course countless times (and always with impeccable manners, I must add).

An absolute tragedy, and I really, really feel for his family and friends.

The only consolation is that he went out the best way a MTBer could hope - in your sleep, after riding in an epic event.

Pussa

Likes Bikes
I too am saddened by this news. I was following the Cape Epic the last couple of days specifically to see how James was doing.