shore 2 vs atomik

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
alright guys im puttin a new bike on order this week! its my first dualy im im choosing between norco shore 2 or an atomik? the shore is 2600 and the atomik is 2550....ive read so many reviews and ratings but i still can decide? help a brother out?

Depends on what you want it for Bro!

If you want it for an entry level downhill bike.....perfect!

If you want it a bike for hitting the trails and riding up hills a bit, go the shore 2.

Cheers

Xplor

Likes Dirt
If your going to be ONLY doing downhill the atomik. If you going to do freeride and downhill the shore 2. I think you should get shore 2.

Quency

Likes Dirt
Mate i've got a shore and it handles the DH well along with being able to do anything else you want on it. The Atomik is more of a strictly DH bike. I'd go with the Shore

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
so your pretty happy with it then? yeah i think i might go the shore, does anyone know if the 09 shore 2 was released in brown as well as green here? or is that just america/canada?

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
i have an 09 shore and its great it can handle all the dh tracks i have been on but i have also used it on serious x country tracks and street riding and it works great, the only thing with the shore is that it has front gears which fuck up all the time so you will probs have to get them removed

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
arh ok, thanks for the info man, i was thinking i'll end up taking off the granny ring and running a e13 chain guide or something similar.
:)

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
You can but if your lazy like me or dont have the extra money you can just take off the front derailleur and take a few links of the chain and it works perfectly.

Menzies

Likes Dirt
and the shore is on order :)
NO!!, dude i made the same mistake i got a Giant Reign X1 and the first run i had on it it was so plush and everything but i wish i had just got a DH bike, so now i am selling my bike and getting a DH bike, don't make the same mistake as i did, i ride all the DH tracks and i am still wishing i got a DH bike.

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
already searched it, and i still wana do abit of trail riding with my old man, his on a cross country bike. its a happy medium sort of thing, so its on order and due friday, didnt someone win a national round at youies on a regein?

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
already searched it, and i still wana do abit of trail riding with my old man, his on a cross country bike. its a happy medium sort of thing, so its on order and due friday, didnt someone win a national round at youies on a regein?
yeah amiel cavelier won at you yangs on a reign x.

sammy_aline

Likes Dirt
shore

i'd probably go for the shore depending on witch style of riding you prefer better weather its dh or fr the shore can sortta cover both styles where as norco seem to be trying to design the atomik's to be stickly a dh bike, but again it comes down to personal opinion. but thats mine. good luck with the bike hunting.

yzfr1000

Likes Dirt
I had the 09 atomik - Great DH rig

I have since moved on, but hey, just from stock, replace the rear spring to suit your weight & adjust air pressure.

get better, DH specific Bars about 720mm, LOW RISE!

About 12 good DH runs before the brakes are getting more bed in etc, you will love it.

Not a full on pro DH geometry set bike, but still smooth as with the DHX 3.0 & boxxers, nice ride mate.

Plus - for the occasional Street or XC ride, you can harden up teh front boxxers & there nearly solid & then adjust the rear Shock from the 9" setting to the 7" setting, this stiffens up the back end heaps & lifts the BB up about an inch too, but good & solid!!

Atomik for sure!

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
sorry lads deals done the shore is here tomoz, deposit has been put down, like u said the atomik is specific dh rig, i wana do abit of freeriding and like i said all mountain sort of riding which will be so much easier on the shoreee, plus i like single crowns more then triples :)

Barrington

Likes Dirt
if its your first dually, you prbs wont tell the difference between the shore and atomik if you get a chance to ride both anyway. Either bike would have basically been equally fine.

dh_midget

Squid
you should get the shore 2 because you can always upgrade to a lower tooth front chainrings and if you find that you cant get enough power on the dh tracks, get off the brakes and you will be going faster so you wont have to pedal:D:)