Short-Mid Term Accomodation, options?

'Ross

Eats Squid
The situation: At the end of the year I'll probably be doing work experience in Melbourne for 4-6 weeks. It seems like an awkward amount of time to be interstate and I'm hoping other members have done so and can share good accommodation tips.

If it were a few days or a week I would stay with mates...but a month is a different proposition and would need my own room and closet and space to store things.

Have had a brief look at serviced apartments but they price per night and add up the prices it is quite ridiculous to fathom. Perhaps there are some that are more suited to a longer stay? Share house accomodation is also an option but who wants to take someone in for a month? It's not really worth their while.

So what other reasonably priced options are out there? I thought about a caravan park but can't imagine there are too many close to the CBD and not even sure how their pricing works. Please enlighten.:single_eye:

'Ross

Eats Squid
^^^Am aware, but figure its not an easy situation to arrange coming directly from interstate and needing accommodation right there for a certain time. Especially when there is such a shortage of rooms/rental properties in Melbourne.

plattsbraidey

Cannon Fodder
Some people will meet over skype or something beforehand (I've done this before). Another option is to have a few lined up to meet before you arrive, stay in a hostel for a few nights while you meet the people involved. I think people are less fussy about short term inhabitants, so might be more willing to have someone stay without meeting or grilling them thoroughly.

Bermshot

Banned
You can also try putting your own ad in the local paper ($30.) where you plan to stay, you might jag a granny flat or garden flat as they are called these days. Your own place with very little bond and most are either partly or fully furnished, no bills and I have even had places where I could do the mowing once a week to bring the rent down! The best is they call you so in good circumstances you get to take your pick.

^^^ In the ad emphasize what you want/need.