Should i get a stinky or a D8

I'd be choosing a D8
Becuase theres more travel, IMO you get alot better parts on it for what you pay, durable, but dont take my word for it, poeple say it's heavy and only good for going in a straight line, i'd get one for a racer though

Stinky's
Are light but not as much travel, definately strong and havent heard of one breaking ( nor with D8's) but i've owned a stinky and they are awsome but i think the price tag in the end lets it down comparing..

Rik

logged out
Isarasena 29 * said:
Just give me answers
Are you dumb, what is this, some sort of "what bike will make me look cooler?" question?
WHAT IS YOUR INTENDED USAGE?!
They're both very different bikes, for very different riding.

But, since you give us nothing to go on, except for the fact this is posted in the Downhill forum, I'm going to say D8, as it is a true downhill race bike. If you want to be a freeride huckwit, then Stinky, but since you're not telling us anything, it's a bit hard to guess.

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gromet said:
shauno said:
^ cross country :p :lol:
stinky
nah i think he wants to do road so go the D8 :roll:
HA! nice one :D how about that weirdo one...half croscountry and half road racing..get a BMW tmx for sure!

but ne ways, ive never ridden a D8, apart form a roll on toms...but i like the stinky :)

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
MrPlow said:
Maybe a huffy would suit you better.
agreed.
f**k, if u dont know what bike u want and have to rely on other people tellinyou what to get, dont get it. u need to try both bikes and see which 1 suits u better

DOM

Eats Squid
Ive owned both bikes and I currently race a D8

The Sinky doesnt cut it for DH racing ...

the D8 with 8" rear travel has a bottemless feel ... ive never bottemed my rear shock .. it's just the way the linkage works.

Also as for being heavy ?? it's 41/42 pounds ... same as a DH comp .. with Cromo tubing they can make it skinny to reduce weight.

if your a guy who dabbles in the odd stair drop\street ride\jump park\fun DH then get a Stinky

If your going to get into DH and race ... the D8 shits all over the Stinky. for 3k your hard pressed finding a more complete package at Brand New.

Timmy Bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i curently own a stinky and im trying to upgrade to a D8. the D8 is deffinatly a step up from a stinky but thats what you expect from the price. so its hard to compare them.
i personaly dont mind a dh bike for freeride, which is why im trying to upgrade, because ill be doing the same thing on the D8, but the stinkys are crap for DH, so thats another bonus for me.

dylma

Likes Dirt
STINKY!!! the bike is cheaper, though its in a different league to the D8, if you were talking Stinky Deelux then same league, but personelly the stinky dee is a way better bike than the D8