Should I go with a Banshee AMP Or just wait my time and get..

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

I posted a thread in the newbie area under

'Thoughts on parts for my new DJ/MTB???'

I was trying to organize a new parts list for my new build, BUT ran into a big hiccup...

As of a couple days ago I found out I can't get the Santa Cruz Jackal frame I was wanting to get for at least another 4 or more months :( ... & well, we all know how 4 months turns into 6 and 6 into...
Hence really not all that keen to wait so dame long!!

So, now am thinking F$%#^ it!! and was gonna go with a Banshee AMP Frame.

I just wanted to ask you guy's your thoughts on this particular frame and has anyone here ridden one or better still got one, picx/setup, geo/ride good etc etc..

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
'Cruz Jackal frame when you're still fairly new to jumping? My advice is to get something second hand and work out exactly what you like, whilst still saving money for a new bike further on down the track. But that's just what i'd do?

I saw in your other speed you're wanting gears on it? If the bike is strictly for DJ / Street i'd defs be going single speed.

Just my 2 cents.

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
anyone actually got one?? Ridden one...

Thanks for the linkx guy's..

Not keen on buying something now just to get something and then upgrading in a yr or so, just want to buy something decent and hopefully only upgrade broken parts when needed.
It's not really about the money but more the quality in the frame/frames to buy.

I'd also prefer to buy off a mate that runs a bike shop, brand new I can get one of these for $800 rite here on the GC ..
I've been told by the distributor that some Santa Cruz bikes have been on back order since NOv. last yr WTF??? is up with that..

Anyway,
Curious as to why you selling it?? Are they that crap that you don't even wonna rideit? just wonna sell it..

:confused:

Jimass

Eats Squid
Actually they are one of the best frames you can buy.

He had the intention of building it up as a 4x machine, but haz no money. And already has a HT.

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
Yea really.. one of the best frames ay mmmm, nice!! :cool:

Q? What would your rather??
I know it's more of personal preference and what your gonna be using it for and all but..

Wait for a Cruz - Jackal? Or mack out with a Banshee??

Still keen on hearing from someone that's ridden one.. if any one is out there...

Jimass

Eats Squid
I'm really selling this.. BUT, I would personally go for the Banshee, simply because I'm not one for DJ, Its really park or 4x for me...

The Amp works out a better 4xer, with the Jackal being a better DJ. But if you wanted to be a true DJ rider a cromo frame is generally preferred. Maybe a dartmoor cody?

Take alook at www.fearlesscycles.com.au for something different.

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
The Cruz Jackal's are sxc but... the Banshee in brushed Alum. is to no doubt :p

Still in 2 frames of mind, should i just wait for the Cruz or hit up an AMP ..

anyone got any idea's on forks for the Banshee.. Argile's or Reba's etc etc...

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode an Amp for 4X. Amazing frame. A-mazing.

If you want to dirtjump though, cromo is the go. If you want a 4X/DS race frame, buy an Amp right now.

CAMRIDESBIKES

Likes Dirt
Amp for the win

Dude amp is BOSS at dirtjumps, I'd much rather throw around a 2kg alloy frame on the jumps that a steel frame.

Just look how many up and comers are riding the amps over in canada!