Should I have a 250lb spring.

Joelxsix

Likes Bikes
Hi, I'm 11 yrs old and weigh 40 kgs. I have a fox van-r rear coil shock. Would a 250lb spring be suitable for me?

thanks!

jordan murray

Likes Bikes
Hi, I'm 11 yrs old and weigh 40 kgs. I have a fox van-r rear coil shock. Would a 250lb spring be suitable for me?

thanks!
Hey mate a 250lb spring would be suitable for you but im pretty sure fox dont make a 250lb spring. If you want a 250lb spring you would have to go Ti witch is pretty expensive. Your better off getting 300lb fox spring

Last edited:

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Welcome to farkin.

You will need to let us know what kind of bike the shock is from as different frames have different needs even when the rider is the same weight.

Also, this type of question would be better off in the "Parts and Stuff" section.

T-Rex

Template denier

thanks!
Depends on the type of suspension. Different suspension applies different amount of leverage. WHat sort of bike is it? At your weight and age, you will pretty much need the lightest spring you can lay your hands on.

Hey mate a 250lb spring would be suitable for you but im pretty sure fox dont make a 250lb spring. If you want a 250lb spring you would have to go Ti witch is pretty expensive. Your better off getting 300lb fox spring
Fox makes a 250lb spring for the DHX5, not sure if this fits the Van-R. Like the man says above, this question should be in Parts N Stuff, don't forget to specify the type of riding you are doing.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Unless you have a bike with crazy leverage ratio then 250lb spring should be fine. I havent seen a steel one before though, however I have a 250lb Ti spring that I sometimes use. A 250lb spring will be hard to come across, you could maybe look at buying an Air shock though, that way you could adjust the air pressure to suit your weight.