Should I ?

Stone67

Likes Dirt
Ive never raced. I just got an A-line today, Ive never ridden. Ive done a bit of riding up at the youies on my i-Drive 5..(Not the DH track but Travs Diamond) Im old and probably slow. Should I just say FARK it and hit the Youies Sunday (can't make it for Saturday). Or would that be a crazy act that could result in misery..

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maate, come and race. There are so many different standards of rider there that it don't matter how fast or slow you are, there is always someone to compete with.
I raced for the first time at Long Gully and had a shitload of fun and got some pretty good results. Am right into it now.

tazo

Squid
Yeah second that Wisey, Long Gully was my first race and I had a ball and done alright.

It wouldn't be a crazy act man, as long as you go at your own pace, and Huck your arse off, LOL.

I like your choice, the A-line will get you through it. Don't even worry about it, those rock gardens will appear as mere pebbles.

Keep in mind though there's nowhere for a chopper to land at the youees, although easy access for a ambo, LOL. NA just kiddin, you be alright.

GIVE IT A GO, You didn't really expect us to tell you not to enter did ya!!!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The DH race scene is one of the friendliest and most inclusive that I've ever encountered. When you register, tell them that you're new to it and ask to be placed at the tail end of your field so you will have no pressure and the opportunity to give it a crack for the first time. Ask one person for advice and tips, and you'll get as much support as you can possibly handle from any and everyone within ear-shot.

Trust me, you will be amongst friends. :)

Last edited:

Kano

Likes Dirt
Yeah Stone do it. I race and I'm old and slow and barely get two wheels of the ground but I love going to different tracks, meeting up with new people, and watching the kids and pros rip it up and bust massive air. It's unreal.

Its all about having fun :D

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
Keep in mind though there's nowhere for a chopper to land at the youees, although easy access for a ambo, LOL.
haha yea just walk your broken leg down and meet them at the carpark!! not a place id want to need a quick ride to the hospital

Last edited: