Shouldn't be Allowed

i was just looking through "ebay" when i came across an interesting bike,
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7297&item=3692426380&rd=1 . It is really upsetting to see bikes getting set-up by inexperienced people. ie; kmart workers and casual workers (no insult intended) at department stores that don't have an idea about bikes. take this bike for example, the front rotor is back to front. might not seem like much but this is dangerous. we are talking about bicycles that go on the road and not just by experienced riders, but young kids. i remember a k-mart catalog that had a huffy with it's forks around the wrong way, handlebars the right way but from forks down back to front. just a month ago i had to pull up my neighbour's kid riding one off those department store freestyle bmx's. the forks where around the wrong way and neither the front or the back brakes worked. this is why i get anoyed when i see young kids riding these bikes that are death traps. sorry but i just had to get this of my chest. i am a father and when i see kids riding these bikes it drives me mad.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wheel: Aluminium frame with ani-slip and water proof tyres (the tyre grips well in water, it doesn't pickup water and throw it on the back of rider's.)
They clearly have no idea at all about bikes. I agree someone is going to get hurt one day, there isn't alot that can be done... Althought I am surprised someone from the government hasn't stepped in to make sure everything has been assembled properly and is in working order, it is, or could be a health and safety issue.

DeSloth

Likes Dirt
That's ebay quality right there.

However, I know for a fact target bikes come in a box, partially assembled (bars at 90 degrees and cranks / pedals off for flat packing). The owners 'assemble' the rest for themselves. The display models are almost always put togethor by whatever local bike store they happen to have an agreement with. K-mark does likewise I fully expect.

mtbmx

Likes Dirt
that is appualing. someone is going to kill themselves. look at the handlebars they are like upside down almost. i always see kids riding there ' extreme huffy bmx bikes' with handlebars upside down and fork around the wrong way it is outrages. when i have a son i will chuck him on a good bike like a stink jr. :D

SPOON

Likes Dirt
That's one hell ugly thing. Look at that weird ass geometry! Why would some1 want to buy that?!~ :?

Rik

logged out
Unfortunately the onus is on the buyer to do their research as to what product is best for them. It's a shame that alot of people don't do that anymore, and just let themselves be suckered in to buying cheap crap due to the marketing hype surrounding it.

Sparkman

Likes Dirt
Roast-Rider said:
take this bike for example, the front rotor is back to front. might not seem like much but this is dangerous.
Is the rotor really on backwards? I seem to remember that the difference between the Grimeca system 8 and Shimano M755 XT rotors was that the direction of rotation was opposite. Otherwise the rotors looked identical.

dugfast

Likes Dirt
i wonder why its called a 'stinger'........

maybe something to do with the feeling when the frame cracks in two and the rider is then impaled on one piece.
so, so cheap.

Disco

Likes Dirt
dugfast said:
i wonder why its called a 'stinger'........

maybe something to do with the feeling when the frame cracks in two and the rider is then impaled on one piece.
so, so cheap.
Named after the last thing you remember before you wake up from a coma 8 months later :lol:

Little Mike

SS

Squid
with ani-slip and water proof tyres
Just what every world cup rider should be on on the wet days... How much would it rule to have an
tyre.

World domination will be mine (look out Rennie passing on the left)
im off to buy this bad boy just for the tyres alone.