Show off ya Hilux!!

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My 'Lux

And yes I realise I am eating my own words, but it was just so cheap lol

Last edited:

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only $3000, but it is a 95' model so it has a sluggish at best 22r but on the plus side they are reliable as hell. And it also has 330000 on the clock. But it has been serviced and well kept it whole life.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmk, still love it, those hi-lux's will last until there driven off the edge of the planet, just look at the one from top gear for god sake.

Mate of mine had 570,000km on a 91' model, still ran fine.

zaccyboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dad's 4runner 3.0l v6 auto '94 picked it up around a month ago.
Took of the mud guards, side steps, the lift kit is all the way down in the photo (goes up about another 3''), New tyres are on the way aswell (Maxxis Bighorns 33'' or Mickey T Baja MTZ's 33'')

Should hopefully have one of my own in 3-4 months.
Zac.

Attachments

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My 05 Dual Cab SR5 Hilux.

Got it in June with 42000 kms on her. She is only a rear wheel drive but good enough to throw the bikes in.

Future plans, ditch the nudge bar, ditch the rear step, chrome grill, 18's, a nice zaust no cannons here, tints and a nice stereo nothing retarded only about a grands worth.

Yes permission to call me a wanker after mods have been carried out is granted.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey what do you guys reckon a 2004 Turbo Diesel Hilux is worth (about 146k on the clock)?
At the moment I'm thinking of selling mine, with the cash we would hopefully get Hubbys 79 Ute converted to a dual cab and buy some shitty cheap car (say $3k) for me to drive.
I just don't see the point of having two 4x4s, and what's the point of having Hubby's Cruiser when we have to use the Hilux all the time for camping and travelling / family trips! May as well have one bonza 4x4, then later down the track when our finances improve I can get a Mini or something silly for me:D
His car is a 2005 79 series Ute and it's just too good to get rid of, yes he would sell it if he really had to, (like if it meant we could keep our current house for example) but anyway I digress.

We brought the Lux for about 27k I think, since then we've put new suspension on it and a bullbar, that's about it (EFS springs and shocks). I'm thinking around $23k might be a fair price privately, or something like 20k or less from a dealer, what do you reckon? Oh I guess we've had it since last September or so.

Here's a recent photo, bonus bike content and our kids:D

It drives really well, but for some reason I can't take a real liking to it, it's almost like those soft roaders, between a real 4x4 and a normal car (IFS model) the travel just feels limited even if not as much as it did on the Subaru Forrester we had.