Silver Star Helmet Cam Runs

nizai

Likes Dirt
My bro is over in Canada at the moment and im getting daily updates from him about how sick the trails are over there. He has just finished a week at Silverstar riding with the dudes in these videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be29PkodEPs

http://broadbandsports.com/node/10551

http://broadbandsports.com/node/10552

Check out the wallrides on the world cup run. Awesome!

Im so freakin jealous.

Apparently Silver Star is Whistler without the attitude. And coming from a place where the longest DH run is 2 and a half minutes, having 14 runs from the top of the hill, none of them shorter than 6 minutes must be crazy! :D

And to think they might shut it down after next year due to lack of numbers.

N

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahaha, i just got back from silverstar.
farkin gnarly place!
alot more like aussie riding than Whistler.

Hobzai

Likes Bikes
Silver Star was sick as and we were totally stoked to ride with Sheffy and Jay. Must have missed mr636 in the lift line as we were both on the hill on at least one day.

Definitely worth another couple of days on the itinerary. Apparently the park has had good numbers this summer so I am (and just about every biker in the Okanagan is) hoping it is open again in 2008. Silver Star and the Vernon riders, who are a TOP bunch of people, make it VERY hard to go to NZ in 2008. I could be a repeat offender sooner than I thought.

There's another helmet cam run that *may* be made available. The one where I went to wave at Sean from NSMB on World Cup.... and ate sh1t in spectacular style. :)

If you can - get there in 08, you won't be disappointed.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Geez those trails look like fun! So well maintained and so much flow! Lucky mongrels.............;). Cool video's.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, those trails are amazing. What I loved was as you went down the odd fire road, as u looked either side of it, there were more and more trails, Endless options.

Canada is amazing place just to go for scenery, but to ride Whistler, man that would be sweet. It is my dream to go there, and it will happen, just when I get the money. :D

Looks like you guys had a rad time there, wish it was me over there though. :p

JimT

Likes Dirt
Interesting to see the level of trail building in Silverstar compared to Whistler. Not sure if it was the video, but their downhill trail doesn't look as technical as Whistlers.

I'm curious to know what "attitude" people in Whistler are percieved or supposed to have? Everyone I've met has been nice, save for the standard few wankers you find everywhere.
Do you guys percieve people in Whistler as arrogant or is it something else?

That was awesome....I am so there next year!!!!:D:D:D:D
Lucky I've got a spare fold out couch and plenty of storage eh Grahame! Are you coming for Crankworx?

pieno

Likes Dirt
Silverstar is the shit. We did 2 days there a few weeks ago and I'm defiantly going back again. Even the Blue runs are fun, super flowy. The Village is dead after 6 on weekdays but the hostel was fun.