Singlespeed - 26 or 29er?

thegeneral

Cannon Fodder
After way way to much research, I have narrowed my singlespeed search down to the Redline Monocog. But now I have to decide between a good deal on a second hand 26" or a brand new 29er. I have had hardtails of both wheel sizes in the past and pretty much favoured the 26", hence the 29er was sold.

However, everything I have read tends to point towards the 29er as bike of choice for singlespeed riding. Since I am new to the whole singlespeed scene, I am stuck.

Are 29ers that much better for singlespeed riding?

Which size wheel should I go for in regards to the type of riding I will be doing which will be just local single track and some general bush bashing shenanigans.

ray

Likes Bikes
I have a SS 29er, love it, goes well, personal choice though so can't offer much to you, it does ride well for single gear though..

Ray

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Look at the type of trails you'l be riding and your riding style. I got a 26'' ss because I jump alot and rode alot of tech trails (before menia got shut down :mmph:). Mainly I just wanted the stronger wheels.

I reckon the best thing you can do is just pick whichevers cheaper and just ride the bloody thing haha, people get way to caught up on whats under them.