Singleton trails

Craven Moorehead

Likes Bikes
I'm looking at moving to Singleton NSW for work but before making a decision I wanted to get an idea of the tracks in the area(more important then schools,shops,hospitals etc).I race/ride XC and have an AM bike so I'd be interested in those types of trails and whether there's anything close enough to town for daily rides/training after work etc.

Craven Moorehead

Likes Bikes
Thanks mate,I've been here a few weeks now and have been doing a few laps of the track at Maison Deau after work and also Awaba,Glenrock and Ourimbah on the weekends.There's some great riding around here it's a pity it rains more than Tassie.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you got onto roscomtb.com.au?

It's the local MTB forum, not a lot of action but good if you want to meet a few other riders up here. Surprisingly there are quite a few.

If your interested a few of us try to head out every saturday morning for a 60km loop, It's mainly road but a good social gathering. This one http://ridewithgps.com/trips/145812

Fair few roadies too if your into it, http://www.soft-cogs.com/ is a local bunch that got together to do the Sydney-gong ride every year.

Last edited:

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
For XC, any old dirt trail will do the trick. If you wander around the outskirts you'll find stuff.

It's been years since I've actually ridden around there though. Now that I'm a bit older, my xmas trips there (my family has lived there for almost 20 years) constitute flying down for 5 days rather than driving with my folks and staying for 2-3 weeks with my bike.

Most of the riding I did do there was stupid freeride stuff I'd pick out with my riding buddies in town. If you search for 'singleton' in the pics section you'll see a couple of the things we used to get upto as younger kids. Dropped off the roof of the hospital, 30ft road gaps up near Hunter View when it was still being built etc.

Good times actually :p

sich nich

Likes Dirt
If you ride all mountain and meet up with those Rosco fellas, get em to take you to Scone.
One of the hardest places I've ever ridden, both up and down.