Sinister Splinter ER XC

timrob

Likes Dirt
Hello All,

Thought i would post up some information on my finally completed sinister splinter! This has been a pet project for a while, slowly procuring all the parts, it finally went together the other day so i'm very keen to hit the trails this weekend and see what she is capable off!

Frame: Sinister Splinter ER XC (med)
Headset: Hope
Forks: Fox RL100
Shock: 5th Element Air
Stem: Easton EA70
Bars: Easton EA70
Seatpost: Easton EA70
Saddle: Fizik Tundra
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT Shadow
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Cranks: Shimano SLX
Chain: SRAM
Shifters (F + R): Shimano SLX
Brakes (F + R): Avid Juicy 7
WheelSet: Fulcrum Red Metal 3
Tyres: Maxxis Crossmark
Weight: 12 kg

Last edited:

timrob

Likes Dirt
yeah you don't see many of them around, its a fairy old frame (06 i think), but brand new none the less. Pretty happy with how it turned out :D

felixmtb

Likes Dirt
That looks soo nice, must be really fast.

Its good to see some more un-known brands on the ride/race scenes instead of just giants and specialized. Even though i ride a giant anthem.:D

rayza

Likes Dirt
looks like another quality CRC build? :D very nice mate, i am curious, does the silver 'barrel' part on the linkage shaft adjust anything?

timrob

Likes Dirt
i am curious, does the silver 'barrel' part on the linkage shaft adjust anything?
Yeah it does, it changes the angle of the ride, bit hard to explain, but you can wind out the push rod about 20mm which causes (roughly) a 3 inch movement of the rear wheel. (current configuration is winded near fully in)
Also helps when changing the shock over to a 5 inch travel, or replacing the shock all together with a longer one etc. the adjustable push rod allows some freedom in ride position and suspension options.