Sinister Splinter MX

Fusion

Likes Dirt
No catchy, idiotic titles here (uugh, "I'm feeling pretty Sinister hayuck hayuck!" etc etc)!

It's a pretty sweet ride, only been offroad around Westgate Park thus far, but it's quite nice. I think it comes in at about 16kg which isn't too bad I guess. The forks are delightful and the whole rig rides in a lovely manner. Looking forward to the new YouYangs stuff this summer, actually!

The specs are sort of like this:

Fork: Marz 55 ATA
Wheel (F): Hadley 20mm w/ Mavic 721
Wheel (R): Hope Pro 2 w/ Mavic 721
Brakes: Avid Juicy 7
Bar/Stem: Sunline V2/Thompson X4
Seat/Seatpost" Fizik Nisene/Thompson Elite
Cranks: Saint
Chainguide: Gamut G25
Pedals: Funn Souljam

I think that's about it, enjoy!

zephyr11

Likes Bikes
really great looking ride...

you like the 55ATA?

i'm using 55R which is the cheapest of the 55, n it feels a tad heavy but thats it, really sturdy though...

sidenote;
where did u get that chainstay protector from?
looks like something from scott, is it?
or is that an inner tube job?

Last edited:

Fusion

Likes Dirt
So far the forks feel pretty nice, I need to dial them in though later this week.

The suspension is single pivot. Basically the rod behind the shock pulls it down, works a treat - it also adjusts the travel between 5-6". Fun times!

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That has to be the weirdest suspension design I have seen in a long time, but it is cool, because there is nothing like it.

What a great looking bike, the blue looks awesome, and the spec looks pretty damn nice too, I still love the look of the suspension, so cool and confusing. :p

And to answe "zephyr11's" question, I am almost 100% sure it is a Gamut Chain device.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
where have all you kids been? this design has been around for a few years now! its really quite simple.

looks sweet as tom. bring it in soon so i can do some skids. the last one i rode was incredible.

contagion

Likes Dirt
Very nice man, love the splinters cos they're so different to the standard suspension designs. Nice colour too.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
awesome

now thats a sensible spec for a bike that you can actually do abit of everything, definitely one of my favourite rides in here at the moment, any chance of doing a right up on the forks in the future, looks pretty darn clean too...
nice work man