Sintered pads on resin only rotors

Hey guy's, so my brake pads wore out and I replaced them with sintered one's, they're working a treat, but I noticed the other day that my rotors have "resin pads only" stamped on them. I was wondering, what will happen as I continue to use sintered pads on them?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
These would be the cheaper shimano rotors yeah?

What may happen is your rotor starts wearing faster - if you keep using your sintered pads you should be keeping a close eye on this thickness so it doesn't go below 1.5mm

Three

Likes Bikes
Done this twice and one day you'll suddenly have no braking. Cant tell you where this will happen, but for me it was on the freaking trail.

abaser666

Likes Bikes
Done this twice and one day you'll suddenly have no braking. Cant tell you where this will happen, but for me it was on the freaking trail.
What, exactly, failed? I'm going to do this on my xc bike. Only gets used a couple of weeks a year, thought I'd be able to get away with it.

Three

Likes Bikes
What, exactly, failed? I'm going to do this on my xc bike. Only gets used a couple of weeks a year, thought I'd be able to get away with it.
Resin only rotors are much softer that regular, so they simply burnt out.
On the second time I tried this (this time from not having a choice on the day), brakes were utterly useless.