VIC Six Hours In The Saddle - Beechworth

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
32 - 18 on the 29er. If l were to race the ss for the 6 hours l would opt for a 20t on the back end. With a bit of luck l might be able to get one by Friday.
I am not the sort of racer to be at the pointy end so l may as well ride the ss and have some fun :).
I hope my link helps you and good luck for next weekend.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks. It gives me some idea of what to expect. Still not 100% sure I'll go, but keen to. Just need to re-arrange family life a bit.

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Don't forget about the uphill mass start, it's a killer on a geared bike, can't remember if solos had to do that as well.

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
Yeah solo's had to do it too, they were the ones in a not so rushed rush ;)
This is a great race on a fun trail not to be missed.

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
entry list

Hey Guys,

Any Entry List to veiw???

Awesome course last year..... Is it going to be the same???

Looking Forward to the 3km hills before the Start to spread us out NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

jamespierce

Likes Dirt
Yup it will be on the same basic course, that ~10km loop is kinda the the gold standard there... There is even a bit of new extra trail at the bottom of the hill... To the person asking what the course is like, I think the word I would use is 'punchy' ... lots of little ups and down, twisting and turning, small rock gardens (up and down) - heaps of little drops and tricky sections. The lower section lets you carry more speed, and flow a bit more. It's one of those places that's some how much easier to ride hard on the limit, than cruise around.

Watch the sand if it's dry, that course can get slippery in the bends.

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
Yup it will be on the same basic course, that ~10km loop is kinda the the gold standard there... There is even a bit of new extra trail at the bottom of the hill... To the person asking what the course is like, I think the word I would use is 'punchy' ... lots of little ups and down, twisting and turning, small rock gardens (up and down) - heaps of little drops and tricky sections. The lower section lets you carry more speed, and flow a bit more. It's one of those places that's some how much easier to ride hard on the limit, than cruise around.

Watch the sand if it's dry, that course can get slippery in the bends.

thanks for the info - saw this video - is that sort of what to expect?

Duelly might have to get a run instead of the hardtail after watching that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqa7GPG246c

jamespierce

Likes Dirt
Yup, 100% dually for solo. Hardtail requires speed, good skills and a bit of commitment. We did a team of three last year and hardtail was unreal for that.

tcp13equals2

Likes Bikes
Does anyone know the race agenda for tomorrow?

When is rego and when does the race start?

Online got an iPhone and the event website does not work properly with the phone :(

Thanks!

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Event schedule

SATURDAY MAY 12th

Registration from 7:30am-9.30am
Rider briefing at 9.45amRace start at 10.00am
Sunset is around 5.30pm so no bike lights are required
Food, Drinks & Entertainment will be available during the day
Practice

The course will be marked and open for practice from 2:00PM on Friday 11th May and again from 7:00AM – 9:30AM on Saturday 12th May.

http://www.sixhoursinthesaddle.com/about.htm