Size question-AM45 owners

The_Taurean

Likes Bikes
Hi folks, Long time lurker here, finally found a question that search couldn't answer.

I've decided to go clipless and the combo I've settled on is XT trail pedals and Shimano AM45 shoes. I'll be buying online as I'm in Toowoomba and there's no shoes around in stock. I wear a size 11 shoe normally and I've measured my feet at 283mm long and fairly narrow. The sizing guides online suggest that Euro 46 is the go (given I'd rather go slightly large than slightly small) but I was hoping to 'ground truth' the sizing on here.

So, AM45 owners, what size do you wear in Australian shoes? And what would you recommend for me? Thanks guys.

Rob.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
The euro sizing for your size should be fine. Shimano shoes tend to be on the narrow side so you'd only want to upsize if you didnah have clown feet.

VEX33D

Likes Dirt
I've got 3 pairs or Shimano shoes 1x road, 2x MTB including a pair of AM45's. I wear size 12's UK, 12.5 US sizing and wear 48's across Shimano's range.

T.3

Likes Dirt
I wear size 11 US and have AM45's in Euro 46.

One thing to be mindful with these shoes is the inside ankle protector of the shoe rubbed on my cranks pretty badly. This might not worry you but worth considering if it does.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Everyone I know goes up a size with a Shimano. I wear 47 in every other brand of shoe (cycling or not). With Shimano I wear 48.