Skate Park/Bike Park Petition! Please sign.

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys would you please help me and my mates fill out this petition, where we live there is no skate park or nothing, no jumps or anything but a drain that is just a bank.

It will only take take a few minutes of your time and we will be very greatful!:)

Just need your first name and last name. the rest is optional.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/skatepark-for-gordonvale.html

EDIT: oh and if you really wont to put a location, just put gordonvale or cairns!

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
Sorry to break it to you guys but Warren Pitt isn't going to build you a skate park as they're not a state government issue.

You want the petition to be made out to your Mayor, or better yet, to the local councillor representing the area where you want the park to be built. You do know where you want it to be built right? If not, sort that out first.

Make sure you make reference to the fact that the uber-park on Cairns esplanade has made Cairns a national skate/bmx destination pretty much overnight as well.

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ryan.

Yeah well I dont know alot as I didnt make the petition, I am just getting signitures for it.

But I am pritty sure it will be built near my house as there is all new development+shopping centre+ park being built there.

Oh and would I be able to leave both threads open? there is one in General Discussion also...

Hangar

Squid
you need to be a bit more organised than just writing a petition, its the local council you want to approach and trust me it will do wonders if you do some ground work first, they have plenty of money to spend and if your willing to put in the time you might be surprised, refer to last two issues of revolution for good articles on getting tracks/parks built, by the way I live in redlynch and the second stage of the skate park near the pub has started

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you need to be a bit more organised than just writing a petition, its the local council you want to approach and trust me it will do wonders if you do some ground work first, they have plenty of money to spend and if your willing to put in the time you might be surprised, refer to last two issues of revolution for good articles on getting tracks/parks built, by the way I live in redlynch and the second stage of the skate park near the pub has started
Yeah we have already been to the council and all that, it has taken a while. They might be building a skate park and a track also. Redlynch is a long way from where I live, like a 40 minute drive or more. I have always wonted to go to that park.

EDIT:And thanks alot to everyone that has signed it!

Last edited: