Ski bikes?

s_t_3_v_3

Likes Dirt
Im not entirely sure of the correct terminology or if they have a special name but I was watching a MTB video the other week and became interested in some of the riders on DH bikes, with skiis replacing the wheels. One of the blokes seemed to be riding a giant faith.
Does anyone know anything about how to make one, where I can get one, or if they are even allowed to be ridden on the slopes in Australia. Or even just your imput into what it's all about would be cool. Just seems interesting and looks fun. Il try find a photo and put it up. Thanks

Just found this video on youtube to show what im talking about:

http://youtu.be/pyKSNLtw61o

Last edited:

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My mate did this to his specialized p2, all he did was cut 2 skii's down to size so they would fit, then made a 20mm axle thru holder sort of thing on the front and the same for the back for the 10mm (i think, could of been 12mm), and we took it to Falls Creek and they said we were not allowed to take it onto the lifts, so we walked up the mountain and rode it down, and can I just say, they are not easy to get used to, but they are definitely fun.

I will get my mate to take photos and then I will put them up here!

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There was a pre-production version posted in the PYR section not long ago that was looking good....
Here

0psi

Eats Squid
There is also a bolt on XC kit that has a ski up front and a belt (similar to a snowmobile) driven off the cranks that'll work with any hardtail. Saw it in an old American MBA, I'll try to track it down.