Ski Jump on a MTB

Joy

Likes Dirt
has it ever been done? not one like Atherton's either. i'm talking about one of those massive Olympic/Competition ski jumps.

did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Pete J

loves his dog
Anyway, I did a search again, and found this video of some guy going off one:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7094235620076643101
DAMN!!! He handled that so well, almost looked like the landing was about to go wrong but he held it!
The video description is wrong though, it's not in Finland, more like Germany or Austria or someplace closeby...

edit: Hey, did you live in Lahti?
Was that pic one of your own?

edit 2: Did you also live in Cromer at some point?
I think i know who you are! You might remember me from Sydney....

Last edited:

Truthman

Likes Bikes
Hey, did you live in Lahti?
Was that pic one of your own?

edit 2: Did you also live in Cromer at some point?
I think i know who you are! You might remember me from Sydney....
Hey Peter! Wow, it is a small world! It's been a long time! Yeah, I am the same guy... I am living in Cromer again at the moment, was overseas for a few years after school... Lived in Lahti for a while. Anyway, I saw your picture in the Australian-Finnish newspaper not that long ago, it was reporting youd got married, congrats on that :) Hope your enjoying life over there! Coming back out this way?

The ski-jump picture is not my own, just one I found on images.google.com

Yeah, the video is not from Finland, it is in the German town of Garmisch Partenkirchen:
http://p.vtourist.com/1875519-90m_ski_jump_in_GAP-Garmisch_Partenkirchen.jpg

Pete J

loves his dog
Hey Peter! Wow, it is a small world! It's been a long time! Yeah, I am the same guy... I am living in Cromer again at the moment, was overseas for a few years after school... Lived in Lahti for a while. Anyway, I saw your picture in the Australian-Finnish newspaper not that long ago, it was reporting youd got married, congrats on that :)
Wow, i thought it was you! Cheers for the congrats.
It has been a while, i can't even remember the last time i saw you, maybe sometime in 98 or so.
I lived in Brisbane for a few years after leaving Sydney, then Melbourne for 3 years or so and am have been here for almost 2 years.
Whenever you are in the country you are welcome at ours, would be great to catch up! Olis tosi kiva nähdä joskus, olen miettinyt aika paljon miten sulle menee. Meikäläinen osaa puhuu suomea taas, mutta kyllä on erilaista suomea kun mä on tottunut, stadi slangi on niin outo!
Cheers mate
Moikka.