skins cycling gear

justinb

Likes Bikes
hi all,

has anyone tried the range? I think it is a recent addition as I've not seen this stuff before?

So comments welcome.. $260 for the bib shorts is a little hard to swallow, but if people rave about them as the runners at my work do... then it might be a good investment?

cheers
Justin

s73v30

Likes Dirt
I have full leg skins for my road riding.
Usually I wear my riding shorts under. Really comfy and about half the price tag.

Having said that might have a look at some if the price drops.

Derelikt-3

Likes Dirt
Full length skins by 'Skins' (The brand name) are 100 - 150 MAX. They are top of the range skins & better than bike short skins.

The short skins are about 40 - 60 dollars. Pop into an athletic shop to find a pair (Y)

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a pair of non-cycling longs and I really like them for after rides, and I would love some cycling ones, but $200 for knicks and $260 for bibs or long pants is a lot.

Macr

Likes Dirt
Full length skins by 'Skins' (The brand name) are 100 - 150 MAX. They are top of the range skins & better than bike short skins.
Very good to know Derelikt, but what the hell has that got to do with the $260 Skins Bib Knick? :confused: One has padding and the other doesn't and he wants to know about the padded variant.

Last edited:

somerandommtber

Cannon Fodder
I was also under the impression that normal skins are best worn after exercise.
I have a pair of short skins for rowing and if i wear them during training it stretches them. So maybe the extra cost is something to do with that?

justinb

Likes Bikes
Very good to know Derelikt, but what the hell has that got to do with the $260 Skins Bib Knick? :confused: One has padding and the other doesn't and he wants to know about the padded variant.
well said...

well i ordered the full length bib for $300...:) the guy i spoke to at the hq/factory was convincing... I'll let you know how I go..

I also spoke with a runner at work and he swears by them

agoer

Likes Dirt
I have got a pair of skins (runners ones). I thought they would be a great winter (night time) running cothing. I dont know about the scientific crap but I know i dont chaff, during winter sometimes it would get down to the -1 or so and not once did my legs get cold or clammy. After swearing id never be caught dead riding in lycra i decided to wear them riding. i found the same thing rarely does the wind cut through them and i find that because my knees stay warmer i dont get sore knees (running or riding).

I rave to everyone about them and I call them the best sproting equipment Ive ever bought.

chuckies_here

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a pair of,
Skins Full Lenth
Skins Half Lenth
SkinsUpper body full arms
And i also have a no brand upper body no arms.
I find the actual skins branded ones are mum better fitting then the non branded ones.
But as someone mentioned about skins are better worn after training because they have more effect on your muslces then.

parker93

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a set of long and short skins to play rugby in..and im getting a short sleeve top soon aswell, i love them!