SL: Honda RN01G? almost

Kingswood

Likes Dirt
So it's all sounding pretty definite now, all we need is a price and some dates.

As much as I would push my grandma over to ride one of those, and I would own one without question, I still cant get past the fact that it looks a little bit "toy" like, maybe it's just the mudguards, but to the untrained eye it could look like an adult riding a $200 pushbike thats meant to look like a motorbike.

Could be just me though.

scblack

Leucocholic
So it's all sounding pretty definite now, all we need is a price and some dates.

As much as I would push my grandma over to ride one of those, and I would own one without question, I still cant get past the fact that it looks a little bit "toy" like, maybe it's just the mudguards, but to the untrained eye it could look like an adult riding a $200 pushbike thats meant to look like a motorbike.

Could be just me though.

You are not wrong - flick the mudguards and I'd feel better.

In essence to some degree it reminds me of those black and yellow shock bikes that were around in the late 70s early 80s.

It is just too much looking like a push bike that wants to be a "big bike" motorbike.

josh88

Likes Dirt
i agree, it does look a bit bulky. They need to make it alot more like a normal dh rig, rather than a motorbike without the engine.

atsunD

Likes Bikes
yeah it definitely doesn't win in the looks category
I imagine those "If you ask me where the motor is I'll punch you in the face" stickers will no doubt become wanted for their swingarms

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
is it just me or is that internal gearbox bigger than others? like nicolai? im not sure looks way bulky though, when you think about it mudguards are practical just a littl ugly....

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
is it just me or is that internal gearbox bigger than others? like nicolai? im not sure looks way bulky though, when you think about it mudguards are practical just a littl ugly....
Honda use a "derailleur" inside the gearbox to shift to different cogs, wheras Nicolai use a Rohloff hub inside their gearbox, hence the extra size.