Slopestyle to be in 2012 Olympics

Commecnalrider

Likes Dirt
Cam McCaul was clearly moved by the news as well. "I think it's super rad but hey - have you heard my new bird call?"

Awesome.

todd28

Likes Dirt
if this actually goes ahead that will be awesome. Slopestyle is so so sooo much better to watch as an olympic sport than other crap like synchronised swimming

taquar

Likes Dirt
"What would you rather watch - some dude in tight pants on a horse jumping over a puddle - or someone pulling a dumped three over a huge gap?"

I love him already :p

" I know what I'm doing and don't need a bunch of poncy Brits telling me how to build a slopestyle course and...."
Hopefully they lay up on the restrictions...

I know what i'll be watching instead of alot of the other boring stuff in the olympics :D

Last edited:

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
I personally think it would be awesome to have slopestyle as an Olympic sport, and its also probably a lot more viable than DH.
I do realise this an April Fools joke.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
why would DH not be a viable olympic sport? most major cities that could hold an olympics would have a DH course nearby no?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
why would DH not be a viable olympic sport? most major cities that could hold an olympics would have a DH course nearby no?
At World Cup standard?

The next olympics are in London. The nearest UCI world cup course is a whole days drive north in a different country - Fort Bill and I don't think Beijing had much in the way of DH courses near it either.

For DH to work at an olympic level it needs to be good TV and that means long, steep fast tracks which narrow your options down to ski resorts - (i.e Stromlo wouldn't really cut it.) How many major world cities do you know have ski resorts on their doorstep?

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
At World Cup standard?

The next olympics are in London. The nearest UCI world cup course is a whole days drive north in a different country - Fort Bill and I don't think Beijing had much in the way of DH courses near it either.

For DH to work at an olympic level it needs to be good TV and that means long, steep fast tracks which narrow your options down to ski resorts - (i.e Stromlo wouldn't really cut it.) How many major world cities do you know have ski resorts on their doorstep?
Ah fair enough. Although... now you've got me thinking. What about a track on a conveyer belt, filled with gnarly rock and drops and jumps and stuff, you'd only need 1 or 2 camera's and you could make it as steep/gnarly as you want!!!

Joking by the way, the reasons you stated are sensible.