Slowly getting there.... Laurie Dinham and Kane at Crafers 9th March.

Flip_Whip

Likes Dirt
Heey guys,

Since my last appauling attempt at trying to take proper photos using my new toy, I had to try it again. :)

Kane invited me out to a little shoot at Crafers with the soon to be World Champion :p.

I'm liking these more than my last shoot, but it some wierd lighting has came out considering it was bright and sunny..

Check the tree shadow :p

Bit blurry, but I was only using 1/200th.

I don't like how the flash was so close, but next time im out I will try to dial it.

The two hottest kids out, average photo, but oh my god. If you saw how fast Laurie hit this you would love this photo too.

And to finish, a Drift :)

So yeah, I do have lots to learn. But I'm enjoying every moment of it :)

Cheers guys

Kane.

Likes Dirt
Also I tried to be a mad photog like Jonny, might invest in a stills camera sometime.

condog

Likes Dirt
sick photo's jonny!!
but you guys might need to go have a asbestos cancer test sometime.
connoooooor

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Those bloody pipes!
i thought it was all B.S though?
Because you know how it's the dust that gives you the diseases, and of course, riding over a pipe makes it crumble and turn into dust. Then you will definitely inhale it and die 4 months later of asbestos-related diseases.

Nice shots Jonny, I still think the Eagle shoot was your bestest though :confused:

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good work Jonny. Good to see your keeping at it constantly. I can see some solid improvements from your first go with the exteranl flash.

I really like 1 and 3. And with more practice, your gunna get the flash position dialled.

Flip_Whip

Likes Dirt
Cheers for the feedback guys :)

I really appreciate it!

And yeah, like I said I'm learning.....

Check out my progression thread of when I started out to where I was before the flash, it does take time.. :)

Give me a few months of trial and error until BAM one day it clicks and all happens like clockwork.
I can not wait for that day!:D

patto_15

Wheel size expert
You shouldn't need to be shooting with such high shutters when shooting with a flash.. Saying 1/200 is not a goood defence, you simply just didnt have the focus zero'd in properly..

The last shot is my favourite though with the drift, but i find the composition not so great.. I think if you had made it with Laurie on the left hand side of the frame, it would have been much nicer and balanced.

Have to be careful also, nearly every shot you can see the tripod leg in the right hand side of the frame..

Flip_Whip

Likes Dirt
You shouldn't need to be shooting with such high shutters when shooting with a flash.. Saying 1/200 is not a goood defence, you simply just didnt have the focus zero'd in properly..

The last shot is my favourite though with the drift, but i find the composition not so great.. I think if you had made it with Laurie on the left hand side of the frame, it would have been much nicer and balanced.

Have to be careful also, nearly every shot you can see the tripod leg in the right hand side of the frame..
Cheers Patto :)

Yeah I admit, 1/200th is fast, but I'm so used to my old ways, of shooting with a minimum of 1/400th in those style of shots etc..

Give me some time here patto, remember these are un-edited shots by the way...

stupidbullshitphotoshopbullshitshitshitcrapshit.
:eek:

Sam.

Eats Squid
Nawwww poor Jonny. I think your photos are mad tight<3

In all seriousness, you will get the hang of it soon. I reckon these attempts are a lot better than others are pointing out. Keep working at it, the way you are progressing, you will have it dialled soon for sure!

Flip_Whip

Likes Dirt
nawwww poor jonny. I think your photos are mad tight<3

in all seriousness, you will get the hang of it soon. I reckon these attempts are a lot better than others are pointing out. Keep working at it, the way you are progressing, you will have it dialled soon for sure!
<3!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

territoryboy

Likes Bikes
hey man,
not bad photos would have to agree with patto try to keep the flash out of frame, whats the flash?? if you can try power down the amount of light thrown from the flash on the rider will help, stop the amount of blow out on the rider

nice work tho

peace

dan

Flip_Whip

Likes Dirt
hey man,
not bad photos would have to agree with patto try to keep the flash out of frame, whats the flash?? if you can try power down the amount of light thrown from the flash on the rider will help, stop the amount of blow out on the rider

nice work tho

peace

dan
Yeah I was trying to get the flash to work a bit more, see my last thead..but I went too far on the over end of the scale.:eek:

The flash is a 430EX II.

cheers for the comments guys :)